~•Chapter 2•~

"Father?"

   "Yes, daughter?"

   "May I be the one to take her soul?"

   The Grim Reaper only smiled. "Of course, my wilting black rose."

   The two reapers; Grim and his daughter stood on the edge of a steep hill, glancing down below at a fresh and disturbing corpse. It once belonged to a sixteen-year-old teenage human female before she jumped off the mentioned hill and killed herself.

   Her royal highness, Princess Reachel Reaper, sighed before wielding her family's scife called the 'Acrosife' at the broken vessel.

Reachel's weapon literally called the lost soul over, seeing the depressed soul before Reachel, before it stabbed itself through the soul and sending it straight to hell.

   A heads-up: Reachel was not actually in the Goosebumps series but she was always there to watch over them. She was the daughter of death, for crying out loud! What do you expect? Plus, this is a fanfiction so expect a lot of deaths.

   More about her, her hair's a naturally glowing neon green and she wore a skeletal mask that covered her true facial identity. For her usual appearance, she wore a dark cloak that had a few tears at the edge of it. Its hood preventing the rest of her eldritch hair from revealing and allowed only a thick strand of it to appear for other's sights.

   "I'm worried, father," Reachel said suddenly and sadly.

Her father turned to her. "Why is that?" He asked.

Reachel looked at the bottom of the cliff again. Her light black material and hair swayed along with the freezing wind.

   "Most of my friends had been feeling rather... 'sad'. Just like that human girl," Reachel explained. "I wish I could help them but I know I can't. So I can't help but feel pity for them. I contacted them once... and I noticed they changed. Yes, they're still friendly but I sense the negativity in their hearts. Their despair."

   "I know how that feels, my dear," The Grim Reaper sighed. "I wanted to help your mother but alas, I never had healing abilities and you were too young to learn it. You were just a baby when your mother died."

   Reachel then felt even more sad. Although, there was something special about the female reaper for she was different than all the other reapers.

It was true that she owned healing abilities for physical wounds or even broken feelings but she was still practising. She thought that one day, if she mastered it, she would help the hurt but of course that would be breaking the laws of being a reaper.

Being a reaper means taking a soul, not saving it, and hurting their feelings if necessary.

'I hate when logic occurs,' she thought of those words very often.

   Grim then faced his daughter to tell her something but all of the sudden-,..

"My Daughter, I sense another death. A Monster's."

Reachel stared at her 'Acroscife'. It began to let out misty green hues from top to bottom like a wooden staff being let aflame. A monster definitely died. Her sad expression turned to worry. It was rare for monsters to die for they would usually come back alive and well. But she had to accept the fact if one dies and never returns, that is that.