Chapter 1

It was really cold out. I was really wishing I had that heated blanket I got for Christmas about two years ago. Actually, I wish I could be in an actual house, with heat. But no. I was stuck in a prison that was surrounded by walkers and the only people I knew were my two sisters, Maggie and Beth.

Okay, I really need to get some sleep. But I couldn't. I kept looking around my cell, wondering if someone else was awake right now just like me. I reached over for a drink of water and suddenly my hand touched something else. It was a hand.

"Who's in here?!" I questioned.

"Shh. It's just me. Chill." Said the voice.

It sounded like Carl but I wasn't really sure.

"Carl?"

"Yeah...sorry."

"What're you doing in here? I'm trying to sleep."

"Oh please, you've been awake for at least an hour."

"How'd you know?!"

Was he watching me...?

"Uh..my um..dad told me to look after you while you slept. You know, because of your diabetes and all..."

I could tell he was lying. He knew I could control my diabetes. I've had it for 4 years.

"Okay...well, um can you leave now? I'm fine."

"Yeah, sorry."

I didn't really want him to leave. I've had a huge crush on him ever since his dad brought him to the farm. It seems like he likes me...but I don't know. He doesn't really show a lot of emotion.

"Hey, you need to get up and check your blood sugar." I heard Maggie's voice say as I opened my eyes.

"Why so early?" I groaned.

"C'mon. I don't want it to be dropping low."

"Fine"

I got up out of bed to see Carl standing up next to Maggie. I was a little surprised because usually he's with his dad at this time in the morning shooting walkers or whatever.

"Um..hi Carl."

"Well good morning to you too."

"Sorry, I'm not a morning person. Especially at 6a.m." I glared at Maggie.

"Okay enough you love birds!" Maggie shouted. "We've got stuff to do. Let's get ready."

Authors note:

Thanks for reading! Chapter 2 will probably be up later tonight. This is a new thing for me, writing and all. And yes, my name is Katie! Please let me know if you guys like this or not! Thanks (: