Chapter 3

I ran. We ran.

We didn't stop for about 2 miles into the woods.

"I think, I think we lost 'em," Carl said, catching his breath.

"Yeah, that was close,"

"Listen, Katie. About what I said back there. I really do like you. I just tend to push people away. It's kind of a habit," he said, putting his gun back into his belt.

"I like you too, Carl." I knew I was blushing.

I turned around to avoid his eye contact.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He came over to me and looked me in the eye.

"Nothing, I-"

I was cut off once again by Carl's kiss. This one was with more passion and it felt better than the first one.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Katie,"

He pushed my hair back. "I really care about you."

I kissed his cheek.

"So are we, you know, together now?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," he smiled.

"We need to get going," I said. "We might get in trouble."

We walked back to the prison with smiles on our faces. In that moment I knew everything was going to be okay.

Rick was standing at the gates, waiting for us.

"Where have you two been?! It's been 4 hours," he said with an angry look on his face. "I really hope you weren't messing around."

"We weren't dad!" Carl said in an annoyed tone. "Why are you always on my case? I can take care of myself, and Katie!" He stormed off.

I gave Rick a sad look and followed Carl into the prison.

"Carl, he's your dad. He's just looking out for you." I said, walking behind him.

"He's a pain in the ass," he cursed.

I stopped following him and walked into my cell. I figured I'd leave him alone for the rest of the night since he was in a bad mood.

I got in my bed and drifted off to sleep.

~

A few hours later, it was night already and the prison was dark. I sat up in my bed to see a figure standing in the doorway. I gasped.

"It's just me," I heard a familiar voice.

"Carl?"

"Yeah. Just making sure you're not passing out on us. Want to check your blood sugar?"

"No, it's fine," I said, sighing. "I'm exhausted."

Carl then walked over to me and climbed in the bed.

"How about we sleep together? Since we're, together and all."

"Sure," I smiled.

He kissed my forehead and I fell asleep in his arms.

Authors note:

Thanks for reading! I don't really have any ideas for what is going to happen next. Leave me ideas in the comments?