4• Colourless world

"It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave."

Five years later...

It was February the third which meant my birthday. We were in the beautiful city of Milan where my father had to attend a business ball. Since it was a very special day for me, he decided to take the four of us. My mom loves to dress up so she chose for me a tulipe white dress with black dots and a red belt. She put my hair in a big bun and finished it with red mocassins. She convinced my brother to wear a red tie so everybody would see we're family. Leora - mother was wearing a long slim red dress that had a deep V-Neck and my dad a gray suit with red shirt underneath. Yes, we were the most good-looking family at the ball after the news in one of the most read magazine.

We got there by car. Since me and my brother were still toddlers, we were sitting in the back in our car seats. Our parents were right in the row in front of us so they could see us. I felt asleep and my brother was playing a game on his phone.

Once we arrived at our destination, my eyes opened wide. The person who owned this ball must have been very powerful. The event was held in the Gallery of Vittorio Emanuele II. There was a big red carpet at the entry along which paparazzi were standing and trying to get a closer view at the guests. They were yelling at us as we got out the Rolls Royce. I was sitting in my dad's left arm who was wearing shades and my mother was holding his other hand. Alessio, my brother was walking in front of us with his head up. I wondered why nobody, none of the guests payed attention to the loud people.

'Oh well, I thought to myself, they ignore them

'Oh well, I thought to myself, they ignore them.'

We entered the Gallery and thank god they filled the huge entrances with heavy purple curtains because it was freezing outside. My mother put my brown Burberry coat down and handed it to another man standing next to us. He nodded at my dad and walked away.

I asked my mom: "Mom, why is that boy stealing our stuff?"

She chuckled a little, "Sweetheart, he's not stealing it. He's just putting it away so we don't have to carry it with us."

"Oh okay. I don't want someone to steal my Burberry." I faked crying.

Yes, even at this young age I pretty much knew all the brands; from the cheapest to the most expensive. My mother was happy because she would bring me with her to every boutique because I had a good taste even if I was a small kid.

We approached a smaller man wearing a burgundy suit. He was definitely the most outstanding man in here. His dark hair was slicked back, his moustache was perfectly sculpted and his hands were covered in tattoos.

 His dark hair was slicked back, his moustache was perfectly sculpted and his hands were covered in tattoos