The Girlfriend Predicament

PLEASE APPRECIATE THE PUN IN THE STORY TITLE NOBODY REALISES HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO NAME THIS BOOK

Eldon POV

Here we are, back at the studio. West, James and I are done competing in London, and Thalia came back with us to The Next Step to help the team out before regionals. Yay, Thalia's with us, Note the sarcasm. If anybody ever knew the truth about me, they'd probably think I was horrible person for stringing so many girls along, but nobody can ever know the truth. I'm gay. I've always known, and I've surrounded myself with the most girls I can throughout the years so nobody ever thought me to be anyone other than someone who struggled to keep a girl. But now, it's gone too far. Back in London, Thalia told me she loved me, and I just froze. I had no idea what to do, so naturally I pretended to faint three times. In the end, I told her I loved her too. I've hidden my sexuality for this long, I can't let it come out because of three little words. I feel bad to be honest, Thalia's a nice girl, and we were great friends before we started 'dating'. I was actually really happy when James wouldn't let me date her until I got to 30 Pirouettes, I only ever wanted to stay friends with her, Thalia was one of the nice ones. When it came to Emily and Michelle, I didn't feel as bad, they were horrible to each other and they were always fighting over the studio. Well, sure, they were always fighting over me as well, but I just went along with whatever they said. I've never known how straight guys would usually deal with girls in the situation I was in around the time of our Regionals. I guess I'll never know.

James POV

I peck Riley on the lips in her office before walking out into the corridor. I walk straight to the restrooms and as soon as I enter I lock myself in a cubicle and let my back slide down the wall, leaving me sat on the floor. My fake smile quickly fades and I feel tears form in my eyes. I've felt like this way too often recently. I have no idea what it is, I don't know why I've felt like this so much lately. When I found out Riley cheated on me, I was devastated, sure, but there was a small part of me that couldn't help but be relieved. When we were broken up, I felt more free, and more myself than I have in a while. I've always loved Riley, with her shorts half rolled up and her braces, always unsure of what to do other than laugh in awkward situations. I just don't think that I'm in love with her anymore... I don't want to feel this way anymore.

484 Words

Short update, I know but it was just a quick start and the rest should be longer. Also I was actually happy with how this chapter turned out and I didn't want to babble on and ruin it. Also if you liked this I have two other books you might wanna check out... #ShamelessSelfPromo. Thanks for reading guys :)