Prologue

A/N: Shout out to -seriouslykidding for the amazing book cover

:: 

Prologue

His fist came down on my cheek harder than I was expecting. I rocked back on my heels before sending him a hard one right back. He stumbles just enough for me to gather enough strength to give him another one. 

Logan Jackson stands at six foot-four inches tall, and yet my five foot-two inches frame just made him fall to the ground. The anger on his face is palpable. I can feel the heat of it radiating off of him. He's pissed. 

I watch as he shakes his head, sending sweat flying from his hair. My hands are sweaty and I know there is a small bruise forming on my cheek from where he hit me.  He gets up from the ground and I take a step back. My brain racks through all the moves he is going to pull on me but instead he rips his gloves off and throws them down by his gym bag. I rest my arms at my sides and ask what he is doing. 

"We're done for today," his already deep voice sounds even deeper all of a sudden. 

"What? Can't take a few hits from a girl?" I joke.

He shakes his head, "You wanted practice. You got practice. We both have fights tonight and we can't be beat up and dead tired for them." 

He has a point there. I've got five hours to get ready for the fight so instead of arguing with him over it, I turn my back and begin taking off my gloves. 

With my back to him, he comes up from behind and puts me in a choke hold. I see the sharp blade come mere inches from my face before I shove him off. 

"What the hell was that?!" 

He laughs, although I'm not finding anything funny with the fact he just had a switchblade so close to my face I could have licked it. 

"Don't ever have your defenses down in this ring. This isn't boxing anymore. They're gonna pull knives on you," he says. He walks closer to me and I back up until my back hits the ropes. He rests both of his arm on either side of me, caging me in. I can see the sweat pouring off his face. If I wanted to, I could lean in and kiss those beautiful lips right now. Instead, he keeps talking and I keep listening. "They're gonna pull any tool they can get their hand on, on you. Remember, there aren't rules in this ring so if you think me pulling a switchblade on you in the middle of a practice fight is bad, then you aren't prepared. You wanted my help training, you got it; but baby, I'm just getting started with you." 

When he's done, he smirks at me. I try to hide my fear but I don't know how well I actually hide it. He brushes a strand of hair back from my face, an odd emotion crossing over his features. He leans back and walks away from me, leaving me completely and utterly speechless. 

::

A/N: Hope you all like! I'd love to hear feedback! First chapter will be out soon!