Chapter Five

"Jay, what's going on?" I ask him as we hurry through the house. I see him by a blank white wall. Iris, Bree, Lucas, and Jay hold hands. Iris holds out her own as well.

"Trust us, we need to talk to Sarah," she says. I hesitantly take her hand.

"Take us home," Jay whispers. Suddenly, it feels like the wind is knocked out of me and I'm falling forwards. I land on soft grass and look up. Iris helps me up as I struggle to get my breath back.

"Relax, just breath," she whispers. I catch my breath and look around. People are walking through the clearing. A lake rests in the distance and four long log cabins face the east. I see a couple people are glowing in white. Suddenly, a bright light shines, and I place my hand over my eyes. My mom and dad appear before me and they smile. Then, they turn around. Iris, Bree, Jay, and Lucas jump suddenly. My parents smile at them.

"Can you see them?" I ask Jay. He nods.

Thank you for making sure that Lily is safe. We are her parents. I'm guessing you know where to go, Jay? My father asks. He nods, and we all start walking. I hang back with my parents. Even though I can't touch them, I feel their warmth. They comfort me in this strange place.

"Where are we?" I ask them.

We are at Camp. This is where you will train. My mom says. She looks around the place like she's been here before.

"Have you been here before?" I ask her. She smiles and nods.

Yes, this is the place I spent most of my life. I met your father here as well. Mom smiles at the memories. They must be happy, to make her glow even brighter. I follow Jay and everyone else to one of the farthest log cabins. We enter, and inside long tables sit. At the front of the room, a man sits on a chair. He looks at us and smiles. But I see Sarah sitting next to the man. She smiles at us.

"Jay, what are you all doing here? And why did you bring Lily?" Sarah asks. Jay looks up at her.

"It's happened, mom. He's found her," at those words, the man stands up. He walks over to us.

"And that's not all. I think Lily's power unblocked itself. She keeps seeing people, people she says are wrapped around in white light. Her parents are right next to her right now. They let us see them," Jay says before the man reaches me. I look up at him. He has darker skin, and his eyes are dark, dark brown. His hair is curly with blonde, brown, and black all blended together. He looks over me.

"She can see spirits?" he asks Jay. He nods.

"She can. And she can hear them as well," he informs the man standing in front of him.

"Put your shield off of her, Jay," the man says. Jay nods. The man closes his eyes, and mine shut as well. I open them to see darkness surrounding me. I look around in a panic, and I realize I'm floating. I see a bright white orb, and I smile. Then, I see a dark red orb. I fly towards the white one, feeling strangely protective of it. The red orb tries to get around me, but I don't let it. Then, it disappears and I close my eyes. I open it to be back with everyone. My mother and father place their hands on my shoulder, and, this time, I can actually feel them! I place my own hand on top of theirs and smile. The man looks over my shoulder, but doesn't see anything.

"She's powerful, she not only is able to see and hear spirits, but she can even go to the Other World. She's halfway there right now, since she's able to touch her parents," the man says. Sarah nods.

"Lily, you have to come back fully. You will not be able to touch your parents, but you'll be able to see them," she says. I nod, and let go of my parent's hands. Their touch fades, and I miss it incredibly.