The Blackout

The Blackout

When I was a teenager, I used to be a teen that loves hanging out with friends chatting and drinking.

One night I invited friends and my brother's friend, Mike over. Im not a friendly person but I can manage to company new faces if theyre my sibling's friends.

We were drinking in our terrace and of course chatting. We were talking about anything. And I dont know why our conversation went to scary stories.

I think its because of a scary thing happened to my A-te (older sister) last night.

Theres a lot of scary stories that Mike told us that night. Just like Lola Bashang (the famous pinoy old lady who was telling a story in front of many children) he said every word with a scary voice. I dont know if he just intentionally did that to scare us all. To brought the goosebumps. He had so many encounters of scary things.

He said if we were talking about ghost every tuesdays and fridays, the ghost would be beside us. They would hear us wherever they are and went near us. So dont talk about it those days he said.

He said tuesdays and fridays were the days when the unseen creatures or spirits got stronger. They might hear what you said about them. And roam around you.

That was friday night and although we were talking about it we didnt noticed that its friday night. So many scary things have been told us that night.

Then suddenly the power supply went off. The whole village got no lights on either. My bro's friend got the time to scare us more.

We light up a candle and continued what were doing. He also continued scaring us, he said we shouldnt let any chair be empty. Or space. Most especially if its dark. Because if we emptied a chair or make a space even in bed, they will have a space to sit on or lie on beside you.

I jumped out of my chair in shock of his story. I felt like all the pores in my skin opened to allow my hairs to float. I scolded him while he was laughing. Really I got scared

Since then when I go to bed at night, I didnt let the bed have even a single space. I spread a lot of my pillows all over. Especially Tuesdays and Fridays..

What day today?

............................................................