Intruder

Present day

Bonnie

            I know I’m crazy, I know I am.

            I rocked my self back and forth on the sill. Maybe some cartoons? I stood and turned on the Tellie. “American cartoons,” I grumbled at the idiotic characters and sat on my bed. I couldn’t quit glancing at the window.

            “Calm Bonnie, calm,” I closed my eyes.

            I heard a creek in the hallway and my door opened up. “Bonnie?” Pa said groggily, “What in san’s hell are you doing awake?”

            I looked down, “I had a terror.”

            “Sorry baby, just,” he yawned, “turn it down.”

            I nodded and he turned to leave. I clicked the down button and got under the covers. I starred intently at the window before the banter of the cartoons lulled me asleep.

******

            “Did you sleep well Bonnie?” Pa asked as I stumbled into the kitchen

            “No.”

            “Nightmare kept you up?” he looked over at me, when I didn’t answer he quickly added, “I’m going to dinner tonight.”

            “Do I need another dress?” After being in the limelight, it was starting to give me a migraine.

            “Actually, it’s a personal date.”

            The orange juice in my hand shattered on the floor, and tears stung my eyes. “Turning your back on Mama already? It’s only been a year,” I hissed. My Mama had died a year ago, in a ship wreck.

            “Bonnie-“

            “Have fun f*cking around with American women.”

            I felt his hand roughly grab my shoulder and spun me around, “Bonnie, you will not use that language with me. I love your mother, but I do need human interaction.”

            I scoffed, “Yeah interaction is different than intercourse,” Okay, that was really harsh. Pa had frozen completely, “Oh yeah, I’m staying home today.”

            I walked out of the kitchen and into my room, but decided right before I opened my door I had to pee. While doing my thing someone knock on the door.

            Through the door Pa said solemnly, “If you don’t want me to go I won’t. If you uncomfortable with it, I wont even if you insist. I know you are, so go ahead and say it. I’m sorry to upset you baby.”

            Pa was so amazing. Best father ever, unlike others he gave a rat’s booty about how I felt. “Thank youPa,” I smiled.

            “No problem, I have to go, meeting up in D.C. I’ll be back in a few hours.”                        “Do you know exactly?”                                                                                                         “5 1/2  hours.”

            “Oh, okay, that’s fine,” I said, “ByePa.”

            “Bye.”

            Happily, I finished my business. Before walking out the bathroom I heard he garage door close. Pa was gone. I walked into my room and stopped cold. Sitting on my bed I saw my diary. Which I’d stop using a week ago and stuffed it into my closet. I ran to my closet and slammed open the doors, all my drawers where ransacked.