Epilogue

Some years again…

Sophie was staring at River Seine near her seat right now, enjoying summer morning at Paris, French with coffee and croissant towards her. It’s been couple days since she arrived in Paris on purpose before EURO 2016 starts. She wanted to go to this event because of Thomas, his boyfriend who’s a big football fans. Besides, it also summer holiday she wants to enjoy the most.

“Wait so long?” The brown haired man come towards her, take a seat in front of her.

“Its fine, the toast is ready anyway.” She said to her boyfriend, Thomas and takes a sip of her coffee.  “Where we will go after this?”

Thomas sets his thinking face. “I don’t know, how about to get lost?” he chuckles.

Sophie laughs. “Yeah, sounds good idea.”

****

After they’re done with their breakfast, Sophie and Thomas go for a stroll. It’s 9 am in Paris and they’re heading off Eiffel Tower which is the nearest destination from their place right now.

She and Thomas were holding hand, chatting and laughing when accidentally she saw a familiar face from the couple who almost crossing path with them. She recognized the man, not because she saw it on TV for couple times, but just because the memories they’re ever share together flooding in her mind uncontrollably. Of course she reminded that man, his dirty blond hair, his charming smile, his blue eyes and everything is still fresh in her memories like it was yesterday she’s the last time saw that man instead of couple years ago.

And right now, that man was walking with a beautiful woman as her age. They’re look so happy with their conversation just like Sophie and Thomas did.

The man accidentally took a glance and found Sophie. From his face, it is obvious that he’s as surprise as Sophie. But right now, seems like those tongue are sealed just to say ‘hello’. Just that eyes which showed everything, every feeling they might be felt, the love and the hurt that remains. She and the man look at each other until they’re crossed the path.

“Do you know him? You look at him like he’s a ghost from the past.” Thomas is asking and deep inside her heart, she’s correctly his words.  He’s indeed, the ghost from her past.

Sophie awkwardly smile, “who doesn’t? He’s Antoine Griezmann, right? The French Footballer, don’t you recognize him?”

“Yeah, I just not his big fan. I support England.” Thomas answers and Sophie just shows her smile.

But it is just a lie of course, he’s just not Antoine Griezmann one of the famous football player in the world, but also her love from the past. She never told Thomas that she had a previous relationship with Antoine cause she just can’t bear the pain she hold every time she reminded him.

He will always be a permanent scar in her heart. That scar maybe didn’t hurt her anymore, but it still there as a reminder of love lived she had on the past. Because for her, erasing the memories about Antoine Griezmann is the most difficult and most painful things to do in her whole live.

Let us be like this…
Someday we will just be a stranger…
Who crossed the way at somewhere , without saying anything, even without smiling at each other...

Just crossing like the wind which never noticed by anyone…
I believe that time we will be alright, there will be no love in our heart for each other…

For there just meaningless memories…
Because that time is when I entirely forgetting you…

THE END