It Never Should've Happen

"Hey Y/N! Wanna go out with us later?" Jason asked, "Yeah sure! What time and what's the location." I respond, "Remember that one food center we went to? Yeah we'll be around that area at 1." he answered my question. "Okay I'll see you guys then." I ended the phone call. After scouts, I made it back home and now it's currently 12:20. I have approximately 20 minutes to get ready. We only go hang out like once every two weeks since all of our schedules are so packed due to school and activities. I chose a simple outfit since it was scorching hot outside plus I just touched up my makeup since I got a little oily.

*use her makeup as an example*

"Hey dad I'm heading out with the boys I'll be back in a few hours. See you!" I reminded. I opened the garage door and unlocked my car. I stepped in and started the engine so it'll start the A/C. My phone was already connected to Bluetooth in the car and started my new playlist for the drive since it's relatively 15 minutes away. With the music and A/C blasted, my mood was set to drive. I drove out of the driveway and headed towards the freeway.

*imagine your playing this song in the next scene*

"Where'd you go? What happened to the soul you used to be?" I was singing my heart out until, *ring ring* It was a call from Derek. I accepted the call, "Hey!" He from the other side, "Hey what's up?" I replied, "Where are you right now?" he asked abruptly, "I'm on the freeway driving there right now." I answered, "Are you near the exit to Oaks street?" he asked, "Yeah kinda, it's the next exit ahead. Why'd you asked?" I questioned, "Well um..." the other line was pretty quiet for a good 3 seconds, "...Jason got into an accident." he finished. Wait did I hear that correctly?! JASON GOT INTO A FUCKING CAR ACCIDENT?! HOLY FUCK YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! "Y/N, you still there? Hello?" he interrupted my thinking. "Well is it a minor accident or..." I seriously need to know like around right now, "I'm sorry but I gotta go, get here as soon as possible. Drive safe!" he said before ending.

I'm trying my best to focus on driving but the tears were starting to forms, burring out my vision. I let those tears drop so I can see the road ahead of me. Everything that I never wanted to happen is happening along side with all of my hopes and dreams. How can something so absurd happen out of the blue? Ahead was the exist towards Oaks street, I signal my blinkers letting the driver behind know I'll be existing, and I drove to the hospital. I drove around the parking lot searching for the rest of the boys' car. Up ahead I saw Derek's car and decided to park next to him. I grabbed my belongings and head towards the hospital doors, locking my car behind me. A sudden rush of nausea hit me and tears were forming again. I swallowed hard trying my best to vomit. *ring ring* I didn't bother to look at the color I.D and just answered the call. "Hello?" I asked, "Are you here yet?" It was Kendrick calling, "Yeah I'm down at the lobby." I replied, "Oh alright, I'll have Eric bring you up then." He said, "Okay, I'll be waiting." I ended the call with no emotion in my voice. I have no clue how or what I'm suppose to feel. My body felt numb, my eyes hurt, there's a large feeling of my stomach missing, and last of all, my mind felt empty. I sat down on the couch, staring at the plant across the echoey room, and unconsciously the tears were just falling. *Ding* The sound of the elevator doors open and came out a figure. "Y/N come on let's go." Eric said in a calming voice. His nose was red and his eyes were still glistening from tears. He placed a hand of my back trying his best to reassure me. We had a quiet ride up the elevator to the 2nd floor.