Part 3/6 (Lucky & Hammy)

As the mission went on for Stinger, one particular person in the Orion was truly worried for the orange Scorpius System warrior even though it wasn't really necessary. All Hammie could do was to sigh heavily since Stinger left the ship to do an undercover mission alone. She was having a hard time understanding things since then, though.

But one thing was for sure, that worry she was feeling won't fade away just like that. Until Stinger comes back, she would stay restless in the ship, probably even during times when the Kyulette would choose her Kyutama to do a mission of liberating one of Earth's sector under the Jark Matter's jurisdiction.

"Is it Stinger again?"

That voice disrupted Hammie's flow of thoughts and raised her head. She soon saw Lucky smiling at him as he approached her. Soon after, the question he asked registered in her mind. She did her best to force down the warmth trying to creep up her face because of that name.

Why does she always end up feeling that way every time Stinger's name would be mentioned?

"What made you think I was thinking of him?" Hammie asked back with a pout and looked away.

She heard Lucky chuckle and to her surprise, ruffled her hair which only annoyed her for a bit. "Lucky! Stop doing that."

"I only did that to keep your mind away from him for a while."

"Eh?" What does Lucky meant by that?

When Hammie faced Lucky, she saw him looking outside the ship where the view of Earth was truly visible. He was smiling, but for some reason, she noticed something odd about his eyes. She was still trying to pinpoint that oddity when she got startled just because the red warrior faced him with a grin.

"I don't think you don't have to worry about anything when it comes to Stinger. He's strong and capable. He can handle himself," Lucky said.

Hammie sighed and faced the outside of the ship this time. "I know that, you idiot. And I'm not worrying about him, okay?"

"How long are you going to keep on denying, Hammie?"

The female ninja was surprised to hear a different kind of seriousness in Lucky's voice. Why was he talking this way? She couldn't help feeling nervous because of this. "W-what do you mean?"

"Until now, you're still confused, right?"

Now Hammie couldn't understand the direction of this conversation between her and Lucky. "Lucky?"

"You don't have to hesitate when it comes to deciding whether you'd stay with him or not," Lucky said, which made her speechless and mystified her at the same time.

Was this really the Lucky she knew all this time? How come he was able to say such sensible, and also outrageous things at the moment?

"How can you even say that easily? Have you experienced getting confused about something you can't even understand?" Hammie could only ask since she couldn't think of anything to serve as a retort.

To Hammie's surprise, despite Lucky's smile, there was an underlying seriousness in his eyes which she had never seen before. Even during those times that they had such times when they could actually talk about various serious issues.

"I did, Hammie."