Chapter 6. (Warning: NSFW)

"So you got the tickets?" I said into the phone as I walked into my bungalow, kicking off my flats. I was graduating from college in a week, and I had sent Harry tickets for him and some of the boys to come to see me walk across the stage. "I'm looking right at them, love. I'm so proud of you." Harry said, his voice deep and soothing. "God, I can't wait to see you. I've missed you so much, Harry." I said softly, walking into my room and changing into sweats. "I miss you too, Princess." 

I laid on my bed, smiling and looking up at the ceiling. "What do you miss the most?" I asked teasingly, grinning and biting my lip. "Your eyes. And your smile." Harry responded almost immediately. "Really?" I said, blushing. I could picture Harry's smile as he talked and felt myself melt a little. "Really. And I especially miss that little laugh of yours." I laughed again, just proving his point. 

"I miss your smile. And being wrapped up in your arms. But I really miss the way you treat me." I said, letting my hair out and running a hand through it. I could nearly see Harry's amused and bewildered expression. "The way I treat you?" He said, and I could hear the smile in his voice. "You listen to me. You take an actual interest in my dreams and encourage them when others call me a silly girl who lives in the clouds. I've never felt more comfortable around anyone except for my family, and you make me feel like the most beautiful girl alive. I don't remember the last time I was this happy, Harry." I said, my voice quiet and shaking with happiness.

Harry was silent for a moment, and my nervousness rose with each quiet second. Had I said too much too soon? Did I scare him off?

"I love you so much, Anna."

I froze at his words, unable to speak. I couldn't believe that he had actually said it, and even though logic told me that it was impossible to fall in love with someone in this short of a timespan, I wanted to believe it. I wanted to feel that love and affection. So, I let myself feel it. 

"I love you too, Harry."

-----

"Miss Annalisa Elisabetta Gagliano."

I straightened my graduation cap and walked onto the stage, smiling at the Dean. "Congratulations, Miss Gagliano." He said, shaking my hand. "Thank you so much, sir," I said, taking my diploma and holding it carefully. Out in the audience, screams and cheers and whistles erupted from somewhere in the stands. I looked up and nearly died right there on stage - Ellie, Josh, Louis, Liam, Sophia, and Harry were jumping up and down in their seats, screaming for me. Ellie and Sophia were holding up handmade signs and Louis even had a damn tiny megaphone that he yelled "SLAY" into. 

I looked at the Dean, who chuckled and spoke to the audience. "I did say that the audience could be as loud as they pleased. The rest of you have quite the act to follow." I laughed and walked off the stage, going back to my seat, shaking my head and studying my diploma. I had done it. Four long, hard years of work had finally paid off – I had my degree in Education. I could finally become a teacher like I had always dreamed of doing.

The ceremony had ended, and I had finally located my favorite person in the large crowds of graduation attendees. "Mamma!" I yelled, running over and hugging her tightly. "Sono così orgoglioso di te, Bambina! Hai lavorato così duramente per questo." I pulled away and smiled at her using my nickname, jumping up and down a little. I was so excited; I could barely even stand still. Over her shoulder, I saw someone waving madly at me, and I excused myself quickly before dashing over to tackle Ellie. 

"YOU MADE IT!!" I shrieked, hugging her and laughing. She hugged me tighter, giggling. "Did you like the signs?" I pulled away, beaming at her. "They were awesome! I was trying so hard not to laugh at the one that said 'GO TEAM! (There isn't really a team, we just wanted to be encouraging)'" Ellie laughed, nodding. "We had so much fun making those." I laughed and hugged her again, ecstatic to see her. "How was the honeymoon, darling?" I said, raising my eyebrows up and down and grinning. Ellie flushed and punched me in the shoulder. "That is none of your business, but it was wonderful. France is such a beautiful country. By the way, if you were wondering, he's over there."