Chapter 21.

Suggestion: Listen to "I Get To Love You" by Ruelle during this chapter - it's the first dance. :)

After a long drive north in the car with my mom and my Nonna, we reached the hotel that our guests would be staying at and where we were having our reception and the private stretch of beach that we were holding our wedding on. I couldn't believe that the day was finally here. I was really going to marry the love of my life, my soulmate, my everything. We had signed the papers from Britain that morning in front of my maid of honor and a court magistrate, so we were now technically legally married - we just had to celebrate it. 

The day passed in a flurry of spa treatments, hair, and makeup with my bridal party and my mom. There was no shortage of laughter and teasing from my friends since I was giggling with excitement the whole time. They didn't blame me though - I was about to marry my best friend, of course, I was going to be excited. Soon, it was time for all of us to get dressed. Abi, my maid of honor, helped me into my dress, straightening out the small train and zipping up the back, and my mother fixed my veil onto my head. When I saw that her eyes were filled with tears, mine did the same. "No, Mamma, don't cry, please," I said, hugging her. "You are beautiful, bambina." She wept, hugging me tightly.

We pulled up to the beach access point, and I could see the delicate floral arrangements lining the path towards where our guests had gathered. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car, holding tightly to Nonno's arm, smiling at him. We walked slowly down the path, and once we were within view of the wedding party Alessandra started playing the bridal march on her violin, and the guests turned to watch us make our way down the aisle. I looked towards the altar, and my heart leaped when I saw Harry there, looking as handsome as ever. He saw me and broke into a smile, one almost as bright as the sun. Harry wiped at his eyes and I almost lost it, my face breaking into a smile. He was wearing a slightly unbuttoned white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and tan dress pants, but like the rest of us, he was barefoot. On the beach, there was no need for shoes; the sand was so soft underneath your feet and pleasantly warm.

We reached the altar and Nonno turned to me, kissing my forehead. He held my face in his hands, and I saw tears brimming in his eyes. "Ti amo, Annalisa." I sniffed and hugged him tightly, before turning to Harry and taking his outstretched hand. His smile was nearly blinding, and it made my heart skip a beat. "Hello, beautiful," Harry said, taking in the sight of me in my dress, his smile getting bigger by the second. I giggled as I handed my bouquet off to Abi and we both turned to face the priest, ready to take the biggest step of our lives. 

"Welcome everyone. Harry and Annalisa have chosen you, those special and important to them, to witness and celebrate the beginning of their life together. Today, as they join in marriage, they also create a new bond and a new sense of family - one that will undoubtedly include all who are present today." The priest said, addressing our guests and smiling at Harry and I. "The bride and groom have chosen to write their own vows, which they will recite to each other now." The priest stepped back and gestured for me to go on.

I turned to Harry, taking his hands in mine. I looked up at him and thought I might cry before I even started. "I had something thoughtful and heartfelt written weeks before this, but it doesn't compare to what I feel right now, so I'm gonna go with that," I said, making our guests laugh and Harry grin at me. 

"Harry, I love you. I say it every day but I mean it more and more with each day that I get to spend with you. Every day that I get to wake up beside you is the best day of my life because I know that my best friend is by my side and I get to spend the rest of my years on this Earth trying to be the best person I can possibly be for you. In the short time that we've been together, you have shown me more love than I ever thought someone would. Your support and encouragement are endless, and I can never thank you enough for believing in me. You make me feel like the most beautiful woman alive just by looking at me, you made me feel at home in a place where I had no one, and you gave me the most precious gift in the whole world - our beautiful baby girl." Emma chose this moment to squeal loudly from her spot on Mamma's lap and the entire crowd, including Harry and I, burst into laughter. When we calmed down, I was still giggling, but I was beginning to shake with emotion. "You have given me unconditional love and support from day one, and I promise you that I will love you with my whole heart, until my very last breath." I finished, my voice wavering as small tears sprang up in my eyes. Harry pulled me forward, kissing my forehead gently. He pulled back, but didn't let go of me, and launched into his own vows.