The Forest

Josh woke up with the sun in his eyes. He groaned, he needed more sleep. That is why one day he shut his curtains. He had told Dad that he was not to pull them open. I guess Dad forgot he thought groaning, moving his hand in front of his face to shield his eyes. His arm touched something sharp and he winced. He opened his eyes. Why was he in the forest?
He sat up quickly. He looked around and noticed a piece of moss had stuck to his cheek. He pulled it off, disgusted. He looked around. This must be a dream, he thought. He punched his arm and it erupted in pain. He held his arm and winced. Why am I so stupid? He asked himself. He stood up, his legs wobbling. In the distance Josh saw his little green house. He squinted his eyes and saw his dad standing outside calling his name. He looked worried and scared. Josh felt horrible. He walked through the forest in his boxers. The sticks snapped underneath his socks. Dad saw him and came running to the fence where the forest and his house met. He leaned over the fence, "Where the hell where you?" He spat his face red. Josh looked down ashamed.
"I decided to go take a hike." He lied. It felt weird for him, to lie. He had only done it a few times as a kid.
"In your boxers?" He asked.
I nodded and looked up. His eyes had softened and he nodded. I knew he was still confused, and boy I would have been too if I found my son in the woods half naked. He was just glad that I was ok. He walked to the gate and opened it up for me to walk into the house and get clothes on. I threw clothes on and immediately went to my computer for answers. Suspense nearly killed me as my crappy computer loaded up, I needed answers, now. After what seemed like hours my sweaty hand grasped the computer mouse and I typed. I looked at the results, memorized.