Chapter 1

I smiled to myself in the mirror, and fluffed up my naturally wavy hair.

Before I forget, my name's Lana Rose Cooper. I don't much like my last name, so I go completely by Lana Rose.

No relation or reference to the singer. Anyways, I'm 24 years old, born in London, England. So I have the expected accent.

Now I live in New York. I've definitely picked up most American lingo. My apartment is not exactly in the city, but it's right outside of it. I wouldn't be able to afford any apartment whatsoever if I lived right within it.

I sat at my desk mirror, really looking at myself. The only thing I know for a fact is that I have my mom's eyes(golden brown, but add a speck of orange in the sunlight), and my dad's facial features.

I let out a sigh, clearing my head, and stood up. I walked over to my nightstand and checked the clock. 5:02pm. I had to be at work at 5:20.

I scooped up my fringe shoulder bag, checking to make sure my phone was secure, and started towards the door.

Suddenly, my door jolted open, making me jump a bit.

"What the bloody hell?!" I almost yelled as my best friend, Grant Adams, stormed into my apartment.

He smiled a weary smile.

"Hey Lana."

I rolled my eyes, smiling at his silliness.

"Hey, Grant. What do you want? I'm kind of in a hurry to get to work.." I said.

He laughed. "I know, I know. But I was just checking to make sure we were still going to the club tonight. You know, to bust a move?" He added a stupid dance move for emphasis.

I smirked at him. "Of course. I'll meet you there, just like we planned..at 8pm, after I get off work. Got it?"

Grant smiled, winking. "Got it."

I felt a little jolt in my stomach. Grant and I had first met when I moved here. We dated briefly, only sleeping together a couple times. All feelings aside, now we're just friends. But Grant's always liked to flirt.

"Okay, goodbye now." I replied, pushing him gently out the door, exiting also.

I closed and locked my door, and turned, making my way out of the building to my car.

I got in, started the engine. Aerosmith started to instantly filter out of my car speakers. I felt my heart swell with love, and started to sing along with my  in-my-dreams love, Steven Tyler.

*****

I arrived just on time to work. I stepped out of my car and walked into Music & Merch, my home away from home.

I walked behind the counter to set my things down, just as the clock hit 5:20.

My boss, Derek, waved at me from his back office.

"Hey Lana! What a surprise! You're right on time!"

I rolled my eyes and laughed at his sarcasm.

Maybe that's why we get along so well.

"Hey, Derek! Don't forget that I get off at quarter to 8?"

Derek smiled at me. "How could I forget? You always remind me. And even if I wanted to make you stay, that cute little accent of yours would melt my heart, and I'd have no choice but to give in."

I chuckled. "Whatever floats your boat, darling."

I sat down on the stool perched behind the counter, and waited out my hours.

At exactly 7:45pm, I was ready to leave. After selling multiple Aerosmith albums, numerous Led Zep and Stones shirts, I was ready to, as Grant would say, bust a move.

I flashed Derek a smile and wave as I walked out the door, and jumped into my car. I felt my excitement increase as I started the car, on my way to the club.

~~~

A/N hey my dears! Well you pressed me, and happily, I decided to do another story. This one is gonna be good..I have this feeling. I wrote down ideas and plot lines for this one. It's going to be quite interesting.

All my love!! xx

Hannah