Chapter Five FINAL

Minx helped me up, half carrying me to through the doors and into the surrounding vegetation. Cry jogged up beside her.

"Where's the chopper?" Minx asked.

"This way," Cry ran off to the West. I struggled to keep up, even with Minx's help. Shock was starting to set in, numbing my toes and fingers.

Minx tripped and fell onto one knee, and I remembered her injuries. I clumsily helped her up.

"Are you okay?" I gasped, the words slightly slurred. I swayed a little as Minx stumbled to her feet. She grabbed my waist as I started to fall.

"No, you're hurt..." I mumbled. Minx rolled her eyes and picked me up, bridal style. I protested weakly, but the sudden change in position caused a wave of blackness to overcome my vision.

"It's gonna be okay," Minx kept muttering as she ran. "I promise."

I opened my mouth to speak, but another wave of blackness claimed me, pulling me under and into semiconsciousness. Minx swore lightly under her breath.

"Cry, fucking HURRY!" she yelled. I wasn't sure why she was so upset. Couldn't she see that I was fine, just a bit tired? My leg didn't even really hurt anymore. 

 I struggled against the nothingness that was pulling at the edges of my mind. I had to stay awake, had to do...something. What was it?

Minx stopped running, and I realized that we had reached the chopper. She carefully strapped me into a seat in the back next to Pewds. He was leaning over limply in his seat. Why didn't he get up?

Minx rummaged for something in one of the metal lockers bolted to the floor of the helicopter. She stumbled and nearly fell as the aircraft suddenly took off. Her face contorted in pain - she had hit her head on the edge of the cabinet. I struggled against the straps holding me in my seat. 

"Mi-chelle-," I choked out, my voice sounding like it was underwater. She looked up and reached out with her hand, her fingers stained red with a mix of her blood and mine. I tried to lean forward and grab it, but my strength left me all at once, letting the nothingness attack again. And this time, I gave in.

----

Life went on. 

Despite the beautiful, broken girl sobbing over the coffin that held her sweet, sweet Felix,

Life went on.

Despite the numerous times a masked man was seen with blood staining his hands, always dissappearing before anyone could get to him,

Life went on.

Despite the months of physiotherapy and agonizing hours spent in surgery, all for one woman to walk again,

Life went on.

-END-

A/N: Heyyyy hahahha, like this would be the end of this story for real. I have an idea for a sequel that I'll post the first chappie of later today or tomorrow. School drama has been resolved, so I'm gonna be able to update more often, yaaaay. Bye for now, brofist, and dftba.