Chapter 4

June 23, 2012

10:15

Auditions start at 11 today. The judges asked me to sing before the contestants do, as an opening. Then I'll be backstage, cheering everyone on.

I went to the dressing room, and found Normani and Dinah talking. "You ready for the big moment?" I asked. "Sort of" they said at the same time. "Well, I'm confident you'll both do amazing" I assured them.

It's 10:55 now, so I'm supposed to go on stage to get ready to sing. I'm a bit nervous, since I never had to sing in front of anyone other than my family. I planned what to do and how to do it.

The host came on stage and said "Welcome to the first season of Teen Idol, a contest made for teens with a passion for music and song. Now for our opening act, welcome Youtuber Camila Cabello".

I stepped on the stage and said "Hi everyone. It's really cool to be here and spend time with some amazingly talented people. I hope you enjoy my performance". I started to sing 'R.E.S.P.E.C.T.' and when I was done, my nervous feelings were less than before. There was a lot of applause.

I stepped off stage and went into the camera room where they were showing the stage. A few songs later, they called a girl from Miami like me, named Lauren Jauregui to come on stage. Unlike me, she seemed confident when singing. Her version of 'If I Ain't Got You' was breathtaking. "Damn, that girl can sing! And she's pretty too" I thought aloud. "Agreed, we have serious competition here" Normani said.

Lauren came into the room and sat next to a girl with blonde highlights. I came over to her and said "Umm, I like your shirt. And...and you sing amazing". "Thank you, and I admire your covers online" she said. I like her talking voice better than her singing voice, it's so beautiful. "Thanks" I said.

Dinah came over and asked "Mila, do you like that Lauren girl. I mean she's pretty but not my type". "Come on I just met her, although her voice is so captivating. And those eyes are an amazing green shade" I said dreamily. I'll admit, I kind of do like Lauren.

Auditions are nearly done now. Normani and Dinah both got in the next round. "And now, from San Antonio, Texas, our shortest, but with a wide vocal range, Ally Brooke".

The girl sitting next to Lauren, who I now know as Ally, came on to the stage. After she was done, she was welcomed onto the show, which concludes auditions.

"And now, whoever was accepted in Teen Idol will start rehearsals tomorrow and will perform in Round 1. Thank you for watching Teen Idol".

I went to Normani and Dinah, then snapped a selfie of the 3 of us, then posted it to Instagram with the caption: #TeenIdol rocked!!

The 3 of us went outside on the lawn and chilled out for a while. No worries so far, what could happen?