Prolouge

"Emily! Get your ass down here or you're gonna be late!" my agonizing mother yells from downstairs. the aroma of uneaten bacon and fruit fill my senses. shit, guess ill have to eat on the way there.

  Was i nervous for my first day of 11th grade? Well i wouldn't have been, if it weren't for moving to a new school 2000 miles away from home. My parents divorced recently, causing my mother to want to get as far away from him as possible, not thinking about the consequences for me. I quickly brush my long platinum blonde hair and apply a thin coat of gloss before rushing out my room.

"Great, now your foods cold."

"Mom it's fine, really," i huff whilst grabbing some and throwing my bag over my shoulder. Her eyes look swollen from crying the night before, i know because i heard. I laid with her to comfort her most of the night, which attributes to my restlessness which shows under my eyes.

"Please don't hate me, you're gonna make so many friends and see new faces. This is good for you, i promise," she assures me.

"Don't worry i don't hate you, this will be good for me," i tell her, also just to make myself feel better. I didn't want her to have this extra stress on her shoulders, she's had so many rough nights since we left my dad. I love her more than anyone in this world, and although this new school is going to be hard, it's good to start a new chapter. It's what i need. Well, especially since what happened last year-

"Emily! It's 8:30!" my mother snaps me out of my thoughts. Shit, i think to myself. Being late on the first day is definitely not how i want to start the year.

I kiss my mother bye, grab my keys, and get on the road quickly. My speakers are blasting Pink Floyd, earning some stares when i get into the parking lot. The school is packed with hundreds of students, that is until my eye catches one specifically..

His wavy brown hair and long figure was leaning against the flag pole. You could see us dimples from miles away and-

"Hey! Learn how to drive or take the god damn bus!" This guy yells in front of my car. Shit, i got so distracted from that guy, i forgot i was still driving. I roll down the window to apologize but before i can say anything he flips me off and walks away. What the fuck? I didn't even hit him, he just wanted to start a scene.

I notice his incredibly curly hair and freckled face as he walks away with his friends. What is his problem? I'm pulling into a parking space when i notice he's still in my vision. This tall girl with long red hair runs into his arms, wrapping her legs around him. I'm assuming that's his girlfriend, although i can't see anyone who could tolerate him for more than 5 minutes.

I quickly grab my bags and start to head inside when a loud bell rings. Damn it, i still ended up being late, thanks to freckled face asshole over here. Hopefully that's the last contact i have with him..