•5•

Seconds turned into minutes; minutes into hours; hours into days and months into years. Time flew by.

Then came the day of my first day in high school. I woke up at 7 in the morning just for the sake of my aunt. I wore a sky-blue colored sweatshirt which almost covered my whole hand, over a pair of black ripped jeans. I paired it up with a pair of brown boots and tied up my messed up hair in a loose pony.

"Skye? Come and eat your breakfast, sunshine."

I heard Macy calling from downstairs.

"And Edmund's here. He's waiting for you."

"Coming!" I said while searching for my backpack. I found it lying in the corner of the room. I picked it up, stacked up a couple of books into the grey, ragged bagpack. I quickly came downstairs into the kitchen, grabbing two sandwiches from a plate.

"Bye Macy!!" I screamed as I came out of the house with Ed beside me.

I heard a faint sound of Macy replying me with a "Bye! Take care of you." I glanced at Ed and gave him a sandwich. He grabbed it, giving me his sweetest smile ever. Then he swiftly grasped my other sandwich, making me roll my eyes thinking about the fact that he's still a child! But can't blame him, he loved sandwiches!

"So Scarlett, ready for high school?" He asked, still munching the sandwich.

"I guess so!" I replied in a quite boring way.

"Let's go, then!"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

As I noticed the huge pale white gate showered with lushy creepers and having written the words Rosemary High School in the darkest shade of blue, a shitty expression formed on my face.

"Oh shit! It's school!" I murmured. 

On the other hand, Ed had a proud, refreshed, blissful smile on his face. Wow! We were totally different. Maybe, that's why we were best friends. I was a tomboy who hated school, other girly girls, pink color, frocks and other millions of stuff like that. And he was the kind of boy who all the girls fall for, the scholar, the most-popular-guy in the school and what not!

We walked further and searched for our classes. Fortunately, we had the same class in the first period. As I was just entering our class, someone suddenly bumped hard into me, taking me aback.

Brace yourself, guys! It's not the Romeo to my Juliet. It was someone else!

She was a quite pretty girl with black hair who was wearing a really short skirt and a shorter top, with the brightest red lips and long pencil heels. Yup, it was obvious that she was the most-popular-girl in school.

"Ouchh!! What the hell! Where the hell were you looking??" A girl screamed in a really girlish plus rude way.

"Hey! Cool down. Sorry, it's not a big deal." I replied in a cool way.

"Yeah whatever!" She squealed and then gave a quick smirk at Ed.

"Ugh! I already hate her!" I said under my breath and went inside the class which was not that crowded.

"She's rude... but hot!" Ed exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the last seat in the class, and ofcourse, Ed in the first. That rude girl came in the class again  and sat beside Ed, giving me a cruel look. I knew that very instant, that she's gonna make my life turn into a hell!