•7•

Every bit was same the next couple of days. Then one day, I was walking down the crowdy corridor with headphones plugged in my ears. Edmund was not with me as he had some kind of project to do. So he reached school before the usual time.

I saw a quite familiar girl approaching me. It was Brittany Smith, the only girl who I think, is better than 99% of girls at our school. She had dark brown curls and was wearing a pretty glittery blue skirt paired with a white shirt. She was actually beautiful. She came up to me and said something which I couldn't understand because of loud music in my ears. I removed the headphones to listen to her.

"Hey, Scarlett! How you doing?" She asked with a wide smile across her face.

"I'm great. Um... What about you?"

"I'm good as well. Actually, today's my birthday so I'm here to invite you for the party. The whole class is coming. You should join us too."

"Oh, happy birthday Brittany! And yeah, I'll come"

"That's great. Thank you! See ya!" She replied with the same smile.

She was quite good to me. Oh sorry, correction - "Only she was quite good to me." Almost all my classmates hated me for I wasn't their type. And unfortunately I had to go to that party where all of my classmates would be present. Uggh! I hate people! At least I'll have Ed with me. Well, that's what I thought.

After school, I went straight to my bed and took a long nap. I woke up tired at 8. The party was at 9. I still had an hour left. Unlike most girls I take just a few minutes to get ready. So I decided to call Ed. I took my phone and called him.

"Ed! What's up? You comin' to that party tonight?"

"Yup, I am. It'll be fun"

"I hope so. Well, pick me up at 8:45, okay?"

"Um... Scarlett, I'm so sorry, I can't pick you up. Actually, I already promised Amanda that we'll go together. Sorry!" He squealed through the phone.

I took a second to actually realize the fact that he was going far away from me. Our friendship wasn't the same now. Things were different. But I  said nothing on that matter as I didn't want to hurt him. After talking about other stuffs, I hung up the phone.

But I still needed someone to pick me up as I didn't have the address to Brittany's house. I thought about Joey and called him up. After that talk at canteen, we actually became good friends.

He agreed to pick me up at 8:45. I took a shower and then wore a pair of blue denims and a black tee with "ew, people" written on it. I paired it with a grey beanie and open hairs.

After a few minutes, Joey came to pick me up.

"I love that t-shirt of yours!" He said with a grin.

"It sums up my entire life!" I laughed off.

We reached the place at 9:O5. The place was too crowded with spoiled teenagers, couples and luckily, there were some nice people too. We walked through the crowd to meet Brittany...