Chapter 21- Messy Feelings Part 1

Emma's P.O.V

2:50pm

I flicked through the pictures that were displayed on Mike's computer.

"What about this one?" Mike scrolled down to one of me and Kane.

"I don't know" I said bluntly and looked away from the screen.

"Emma honestly I know what's happened with you and Kane,Conor told me all about it but you can't let this put you back...now choose one photo of you and one photo of you both"

He sounded fed up and honestly I couldn't blame him. All he wanted to do was do his job and help but I was taking it out on him.

In the end I picked a photo where I looked bomb as fuck. Why not? I looked bloody good! Then I picked the photo where me and Kane looked serious. No way would anyone see the photo where he was laughing into my neck. That would spark major rumours.

"It's been a pleasure working with you,give me a call if you need someone to give a hand on your photos or even if it's just advice" Did Mike have a tear in his eyes? Rah is this the effect I have on people? Damn.

"Thank you Mike I will you're only a call or text message away!" I gave him a long hug. I did really appreciate what he's done.

"Take care lovely!" He waved as I walked out of the door. I left with a big grin on my face.

When I finally got outside the building my uber was waiting for me. The uber driver opened the car door.

"No it's fine she's coming with me" Simon casually walked over like it was normal and stood in front of 100's of screaming fans both his and mine.

He handed the driver $40.

"Just a little tip for wasting your time,sorry" He didn't need to do that.

Simon walked me towards a car he had rented whilst being in LA. A matte black Mercedes with all the windows tinted.

"What's all this for?"

Simon's P.O.V

Good question. What was all this for?

I started the car and played my Spotify playlist.

"Well you leave tomorrow and I just wanted to clear things up with you...about us I mean"

"Oh so why did you pick me up?" We made brief eye contact for a second.

"I want to take you somewhere"

"Can you tell me or is it a surprise" she laughed lightly.

"I'm not saying anything" I said rather smugly.

Emma sang along to the song that was playing. Rihanna Wild thoughts.

"You know I get wild wild wild thoughts" she tilted her head back on the head rest and smirked after.

"Diamonds ain't nothing when I'm rocking with ya" I joined in and Emma lifted her head to look my way.

"What?"

"You can't sing for shit" she laughed.

"Oh shut up" I shook my head and laughed.

5:00pm

I pulled into the car park. There was only us here and in a way I was glad,I didn't want it to busy.

"Well,what's this in aid of?" She locked her phone and looked my way.

I didn't say anything. I wasn't being rude I just found the silence rather calming for now.

I opened my car door and walked along the gravel towards the front of the car and leant back against it.

Emma's P.O.V

I looked at the view in front of me. We were looking down at the city. People finishing work and rushing to get back to their loved ones. It made me smile that I was watching it all. Why did he fetch me here?

He ignored me when I asked him what all this is for. He wanted to talk to me about 'us' so why isn't he?

After 2 minutes just sitting in the car on myself I decided to to go out to him.

The soft breeze hit me when I shut the car door. He didn't even move.

I was stood next to him looking down at the busy city.

"Go on then let's talk about us since that's what we're here for" I sighed looking down at my feet.

"Yesterday" he started,

"What was it? Was you're mind in 2 places because of Kane or did you mean it?"

His eyes looked as if they were trying to figure me out. Almost as if they were desperate for answers.

Before answering him I took a few steady breathes.

"Do you know why I turned to Kane? He was my get away place. When my fingers hovered over your name in my phone I had to turn to him. When I was drunk out of my mind I had to turn to Kane because that got you out of my head" I felt a tear sting my cheek which I quickly wiped away before he saw.

"I shouldn't even be like this because I've always focused on myself and ever since I met you something in me just changed and it's so maddening!"

I didn't realise how much I raised my voice until I saw Simon looking at me with a sympathetic look painted on his face.

"Just take me back to the hotel" I walked towards the car.