Introduction

When Julia Trojan receives a Telegram explaining that Michael, her husband has died, she is absolutely devastated. Julia is now a widow, and moves back in with her mother.

When Donny Novitski returnes home from the war, he carries many scars. One of them being that his buddy Michael Trojan, died in the war, instead of him. Donny deals with survivors guilt along with other things caused by the war.

When Donny puts together a band of Veterans for a contest, he finds his happy place again.

One night, when he sees Julia perform, he immediately knows it's her. Michaels wife.

He asks her to sing with them, just one set and Julia agrees, thinking it will do no harm. For she too recognizes him. Michael talked of him frequently in his letters.

Little did they know that that one set would change both of their lives forever.

But for better or for worse?

After all, this is Life.

Thank you so much for reading this book! I have been OBSESSED with Bandstand: The Musical lately, and I just LOVE JuliaxDonny. I was trying to find fanfiction for it, but barely found any, so I decided to write my own.

WARNING: SLOW UPDATES. VERY SLOW UPDATES.

Disclaimer: I've never seen the show, but I've listened to the OBCR probably about a million times.