Hey Jealousy

A/N: The song and the story are unrelated. But I liked the title and the song is always catchy, so enjoy.

Garfield arrived back at Titans Tower after spending the day with one of the new non-super powered friends he had. Everyone else was still there. Cyborg, Starfire, and Robin were hanging out in the kitchen area. Apparently there was some kind of project they were working on. Beast Boy stopped bothering to ask around the third time they lost him halfway through the explanation. 

Raven resided on the left side of the couch reading her latest find from the bookstore. The teenage hero hopped over the couch landing in a sitting position in the middle, turning on the TV. After a few minutes Raven said simply, "Who's your new friend?" Beast Boy looked around for a moment before asking "Me?" She turned another page and replied without looking up. "Who else would I be talking to?"

The changeling shrugged facing the screen again, "The book? I'm not sure. Wait, new friend?" Raven nodded, "The one that dropped you off," Beast Boy cocked his head to the side momentarily before replying "Oh, Sarah, she's not that new. She's someone I met at the comic shop, why do you ask?"

Raven exhaled still not looking up from her book, "Do you know her well?" she asked. "Not particularly, why?" 

"She could be dangerous for all you know. She has been spending an awful lot of time with you. Maybe she's trying to infiltrate." The empath explained simply. Beast Boy laughed lightly "No way, she's just a citizen. Normally you give people a chance." "Do you know? She could be a spy."

Beast Boy turned to look at Raven again, before he could say anything he noticed how she sat. Legs tucked up to her underneath her cloak, hood up, the only parts she wasn't covering up were her hands to hold the book. The book. She hadn't turned a page in the last minute or so. 

Realization washed over the green teen. She only did this when someone hit a sensitive topic, like her father or her birthday. She wasn't just assuming the worst because she didn't know her.

He grinned from ear to ear as he faced her with his entire body now and moved closer. "Raven. You're not, jealous are you?" "Of course not." she replied retreating further into her cloak. He scooted a bit closer "You so are!" "Don't be ridiculous Gar." "You are so jealous! It's the ears, isn't it? Ladies can never resist the ears." "Shut up." she murmured. "I should've known. I am that good." He chuckled before continuing, "Aw, don't look so shy. It's not like the feelings aren't reciprocated. Though I doubt they're as strong as yours." He laughed again. Before he could start again she had grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to her. She was kissing him. She was kissing him. She was kissing him!! Before he could gather his thoughts again she pulled away and said, "I said. Shut up." He couldn't think of an answer. "Tell no-one." She said. He nodded in response, then slowly cracked a smile as he realized something. "What?" she asked. 

Then Robin cleared his throat from the kitchen. The pair on the couch looked over to see the rest of the team grinning at them. Raven retreated into her cloak again as Beast Boy fell back on the couch laughing.