INTERIM

Surrounded by darkness, a roughed-up man sat in front with his head bowed. His shirt was tattered; he appears exhausted. Slowly, his head rose.

"Summon," He weakly muttered.

"Percy Jackson, is that you? What the hell happened?"

Percy gritted his teeth, his sea-green eyes staring back at Carter Kane. "Summon!" he shouted as a strong thunder crashed.

Carter Kane sat upright, waking up drenched in sweat; his heart pounding with terror. Confused, he took a deep breath and headed to the bathroom for his morning bath. He peered at the window as shades of orange spread from the horizon; dawn was breaking across the desert of Cairo.

As the cold water trickle down from the shower of the First Nome, he can't help but think about his sister; it's been almost a year since he last saw her.

"I'm leaving the Nome. Don't even bother following me,"

"Leaving where?"

"It's something," she hesitated to continue. "I wish I can tell."

The girl frowned before she gave his confused brother a tight hug. "Take care of yourself," she whispered before picking up her brown satchel on the table.

"Sadie, wait!" She left with haste as she slammed the door.

Sadie Kane was never seen or heard of again.

It had been a difficult and strange year for the House. Its members dwindled drastically, enough to alarm Amos Kane.

"They are either missing or dead," Amos explained.

The young man pounded his head softly at the tiles. The banging startled a black bird on his window; the creature had been there for some time.

"Go away you peeping bastard!" he tried to shoo it but the bird just tilted its head.

He sighed, still trying to figure out his dream while he cleansed his body with soap.

"If only Sadie were here, she'd help me figure out my dream. Percy. Summon?"

Soon after, he felt conscious of the bird watching him bathe.

"I said shoo! This ain't no worm!" He furiously threw the bubbly soap at the bird which fled in terror.

"Agh! I haven't finished my back yet!" Carter exclaimed.

He finished his bath, puzzled and even more confused. 

Meanwhile in another place, an old man and a fool smiles.