3.

"I saw you yesterday with Darius" Nicki said. We were sitting in History class next to the window.

"Yeah, so?" I said not taking my eyes away from outside. The sun was bright and the sky was clear. The animals seemed to be really happy and that made me smile.

"So? That's Lexi's boyfriend"

I scowled, for some reason I was angered at the thought of Darius and Lexi together, I clenched my fist and sighed. "I don't care" I replied partially lying. I don't know the guy but I feel some type of connection towards him.

"You better not, if Lexi finds out that you are even breathing the same air as him she'll make your life hell." She whispered. I rolled my eyes. As if I was scared of that unfinished Barbie doll.

Class was over and we were walking towards the cafeteria for lunch. It was packed with kids in different groups. I made a beeline to the serving station and picked up a tray. I got a cheese burger and some fries with an orange soda. Nicki got the same. We sat at an empty table in the back.

"Don't you have any other friends?" I asked Nicki "not to be rude or anything, it's just that I never see you with anyone else" she looked at me and smiled.

"I do have other friends but they won't start school until next week for some reason. They are hardly at school anyway." She shrugged taking a huge but of her burger.

"I would love to meet them" I said truthfully. She nodded still chewing.

I began eating when someone sat beside me. I looked up and it was Darius. He smiled at me. "Hey stranger" he said.

"Hi" I shyly let out. He was really handsome with dark hair and grey eyes. He stared at me for awhile making me blush. I sipped my soda trying to ignore this masterpiece beside me.

"What do you have planned Saturday?" He finally said. The bass in his voice was so sexy it turned me on to the max. I looked at him dumbfounded after I processed what he asked. Didn't he have a girlfriend?

"Don't you have a girlfriend? Someone called Lexi?" I asked with a frown. Just saying her name made me angry.

"Lexi, is not my girlfriend, she just tells everyone that, I have no idea why. So, any plans?" He asked again raising a brow.

I was happy at what he said and a smile made its way on my face. He was not with Lexington!
"I'm not doing anything" I said.

"That's great, don't plan anything." He reached for my phone that I had on the table and began typing. Rude.
He gave to me, smiled then left. I looked over at Nicki who was now grinning like a mad woman.

"What?" I asked. I put the rest of my fries on my burger and took a bite moaning at the burst of flavour in my mouth. Jesus Christ this was good.

"I see you're not even here a week and you've already snatched the most popular guy in school." She smiled wide.

"I didn't snatch anyone. He came to me" I felt eyes burning through the side of my face. I looked over to my right and it was one of Lexi's "friends" she stormed off obviously going to report back to Lexi. I sighed setting my burger half finished burger down. I completely lost my appetite.

Knowing Lexi she's probably gonna wanna have some kinda showdown to publicly humiliate me in some way and I was right because when the day ended and I was heading out to my car, Lexi and a shit load of people surrounded me. I looked at everyone as they stared in my direction anticipating Lexi's next move.

"Didn't I tell you to stay out of my way, you little slut!" She basically yelled. What have I done for this girl to have me so much?

"Listen, Lexington I'm not in the mood for your whining right now. I barely know you and you're already latching on to my life like a fucking leech. I've done nothing to you, so if you'll excuse me, this "slut" wants to go home" I tried walking past her but she grabbed my hair and pulled me back. I landed flat on my ass my stuff flying every where.