Chapter 3 | Hadley

Chapter 3 | Hadley

"I just need to know that it's possible that two people can stay happy together forever." - Juno

" - Juno

HE WAS IN MY MATH CLASS -- AND PRACTICALLY ALMOST THE REST OF MY CLASSES AS WELL. I, of course, hadn't realized until he dropped his leather book-bag on the desk next to mine. His long legs sprawled out comfortably due to the extra leg-room while he instinctively watched my gaping mouth hang in surprisal.

His eyes lit up, "Hello there, Hadley."

He rested his elbow against the desk and flashed a grin, "What? Didn't expect to see me here?" He mused with disdain, "I've been sitting next you for the past three years, you know?" A glimpse of disappointment ran across his eyes before disappearing and becoming empty once again.

I gently push my chin up so my bottom teeth and my top clatter together, I force a smile, "I don't typically pay attention to my surroundings that much."

"I figured that much."

While he was enjoying every second of this, I was fuming. My cheeks becoming intensely red that heat was basically radiating off of my body.

He reached into his book bag and took out his abundance of labeled colors, paint-splattered notebook that merely took my immensely cluttered blue post-it-note-filled notebooks to shame.

Throughout the hour, he'd sneak glances at me. Therefore making me look back at him while my mind became a jumbled mess. What was his intentions, anyways? What exactly did he want from me?

When he looked over at his notebook, it was just a bunch of illegible nonsense that was scratched out besides how smooth his handwriting was in cursive. Dark, bold scribbles were carved deeply into the pages of his notebook. He seemed to be following the lessons just fine, looking up at the whiteboard every now and then, but he seemed elusive.

When the bell finally rang, I quickly shoved my things into my backpack and proceeded to leave quietly. But as I took another step, Rhys circled around me, holding his binder against his chest and nearly towered over me, causing me to wobble back.

He tilts his head to the side, "See you later."

"Maybe?"

He was right. I did see him later.

A week and a half had already passed with the incident regarding Rhys and I had a conference scheduled with Francis. For the mean time, he won't completely disband the undefined arts category, although he was already planning turning my little classroom into another office.

But because I was still apart of the prodigious program, I had to be put elsewhere for my special class for fifth and sixth period.

I was put into Rhys' class -- or technically, his own studio.