01

Maya POV

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered holding my face.

"Yeah well I'm sure you are now! Get out of my house!" Josh yelled.

Maya got up and grabbed her things and quickly got out her drunk boyfriend's house.

You may be wondering what happened before this...

Flashback

I was asleep in Lucas' arms when I hear someone coming into my house yelling "WAKE UP!! GET UP!!" It was Josh.

"Josh, what are you doing here? A-Are you drunk?" I asked.

Josh is always drinking and when he is, there's never a good outcome if he decides to come see me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Josh asked.

"What do you mean? We weren't doing anything."

"I'm not fucking dumb Maya"

"Dude, it's not that serious. We were just s-" Lucas chimed in but was cut off by Josh.

"Ok but who asked you anything cowboy?"

"Guys please just, stop"

All of a sudden I felt a hard hand go across her face.

"JOSH WHAT THE HELL!" Lucas yelled.

"Maya are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah"

"Are you sure"

"Yes" I lied.

"Get out." Lucas said.

"What?" Josh asked.

"Do I need to repeat myself? GET THE HELL OUT."

"If I'm leaving, Maya's coming with me, we need to have a talk"

"No, she not going anywhere with you"

"Lucas, it's ok."

"Maya, no you're not going"

"She can make decisions herself"

"Shut up"

"Maya.."

"I'll go."

I looked at Lucas with an "I'm sorry but I have no choice" kind of face. And with that I left with Josh which was a stupid choice but hey, when do I ever make a good choice when it comes to Josh?

I walked into my house and Lucas was of course waiting for me. Lucas was staying with me until our senior year was over because he had no where else to go and I would never let my best friend just live on the streets. He ran over to me and hugged me. He was kind of used to this, he would always tell me stick up for myself but me being my stupid self, I would never listen.

"You gotta stop letting people walk over you Maya."

"I know but I feel like it'll just make everything worse." I said as I sobbed into his chest.