CHAPTER VII

(m/n) slept in his room with the silent company of Yoongi who sat in a nearby chair, reading a book to keep himself occupied during the meantime. He wasn't sure what he was reading though, only catching himself having to pick up what was happening before another event was introduced. It was some sort of book that was a mixture of fantasy and horror, he wasn't sure if he was into it or not.

He would occasionally glance up from his book to check up on (m/n), usually whenever he would hear him stir or mumble in his sleep. The patient had a fallen shelf hit his leg when he was in the library with the children, forcing him to be sent to his room to be cared for afterward. Yoongi also happened to be in the library as well and volunteered to watch him as the doctors and other hospital staff tend to their duties elsewhere.

"Yoongi, I brought some more ice bags."

The idol looked up from his book and saw Jungkook standing by the door with two ice bags in his hands. "Place them at that table over there, I'll replace it when he wakes up." He told him, looking back down at his book.

Jungkook nodded his head obediently, walking over to the table to drop the ice bags off. He couldn't help but look over at (m/n) who was currently smiling in his sleep, causing him to smile involuntarily.

He then looks at Yoongi, "Take care of him, he'll need it." He told his member before walking out of the room to leave the two alone again.

Yoongi's eyes lingered at the door before bringing his attention back to (m/n). He was gripping the pillow under his head, the smile he had before had disappeared just immediately. Yoongi assumed he was having a nightmare if there was a sudden change in his sleeping behavior.

He closed his book and placed it on the side table so that he could grab the new ice packs from the table. He was careful with his steps, making sure that he didn't make a lot of noise. He approached (m/n)'s side with uncertainty, though he knew he had to eventually force himself to do what had to be done. "Hey...(m/n), wake up." He whispered, placing his hand on his shoulder to shake him lightly.

(m/n)'s body flinched, startling Yoongi who attempted to step back but he was not fast enough. Their foreheads collide with one another, sending Yoongi back as (m/n) lets out a pained noise from the sudden impact. "Ack!"

Yoongi rubbed his forehead, hissing in pain and mumbling a few curse words under his breath. All while (m/n) lays himself back on his pillow, allowing his body to process the pain and soothe his forehead. "That-...kind of hurt." He softly announces into the room, opening his eyes as he used his hands to push himself up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you like that."

"No, it's okay. I'm okay." Yoongi reassures him, shaking his head. "Are you okay?" Despite his head pounding a tiny bit, it wasn't anything he couldn't endure during the moment. He was moreover worried about the patient in the bed. Though, (m/n) looked completely fine from the looks of it.