CHAPTER II

"(m/n)! (m/n)!"

"(m/n)! (m/n)!"

The man turned his head towards the direction of the voice that had belonged to a little girl as it was high-pitched and feminine, not being anyone else but a child. He could feel the vibrations of her heavy footsteps come closer to him, he already had a smile on his face as he faced her. "Yes?" He didn't receive any answer but something that was plopped right on his head.

"What is this?" His hands raised to touch the object, trying to decipher what it was. It was only a few seconds in that his eyes widen upon realization of what it was, "It kind of feels like-"

The little girl had beat him to it, "It's a flower crown!" She exclaims, her hands go up in the air as she giggles. "But it's a fake one, I asked the nurses if they can give us some so we can make them!" She tells him, bringing her arms down as she nods in satisfaction at the fact that her flower crown had turned out the way she wanted it to.

"It's for you and I was right from the start, it looks pretty on you."

(m/n) places his hands out and she had known what to do, placing her hands into his. "Thank you, Mona." He responded to her, his head looking upward as he was currently sitting down. He was touched by her gift, thinking fondly of her.

"You're welcome, (m/n)." She looks down at him, smiling from ear to ear. "I wanted to give you a gift to show you that I enjoy being around you, it's the least I can do."

The man frowns at her words, shaking her arms lightly. "You didn't have to, you being around me is enough for me to be happy." He tells her, "But you're such a thoughtful girl, thank you. I bet it's very pretty."

Mona's smile faltered at his words, even though they were supposed to make it grow. She looked at him sadly and as bad as it sounded, she was relieved to know he couldn't see but for reasons that will still remain unknown to him. "What if I'm not around anymore? I won't be able to make you or my friends happy anymore." She asks, looking downward to allow her bangs to block her eyes.

(m/n)'s eyes widened, looking down as he tried to process what she was trying to say. "I-I..." He couldn't find himself to find words to say to her as it took him by surprise. "Mona, don't say that. Knowing that you are happy and safe will always make me happy even if you're not with me, I'm sure it goes for the same for your friends too."

"Really?"

"Yes, of course." He nods his head, making her smile but he couldn't tell that it was only a sad one as she stared at him with glossy eyes.

In the meantime, most of the little boys surrounded the only two men in the room. The two were bombarded with many items and words when they arrived, (m/n) had already been separated to the girls who loved to attempt to style his hair and place stickers on his face.

"Go long!"

Jung Hoseok shouts at one of the boys, a mini football in his hand. He watched as the child backed up excitedly, his arms stretched out to catch the ball in any moment it was thrown but the idol had only thrown it when he stopped and stared at him.