Part 1

SARA'S POV

"SARA!"
I flinched as I heard my father's booming voice echo throughout the old house. Numbly walking down the stairs, I saw my mother and father yelling once again. They were always fighting. There was no end to it. Walking up to them, I kept my head down, my onyx black hair curtaining my face. "You called?" I stated more than asked. My father's crazed blue eyes stared into my green ones. He simply pointed to the fridge and said, "Get me a beer." I nodded and made my way over to the refrigerator, practically gagging from the smell of rotten food. Walking back over, I handed him the ice cold beer and walked away, letting them continue their argument. Looking around the house, my face contorted into disgust. The once beautiful bay blue walls were now stained with God-knows-what and torn. Living in this house for so long, I've become used to the never ending smell of alcohol and cigarettes. Walking into the living room, I flopped onto the old, crusty sofa and turned on the news. Nothing really new. Rolling my eyes, I turned it off and made my way upstairs to my small room.  It was grey with a pale blue trim. A small bed was in the corner, but it took up most of the room. I had no closet, just a small hope chest at the foot of my bed. The white carpet was horribly stained. The only decent thing about my room was the Raven I had painted on the wall. Sighing, I sat on the squeaky old bed. I could faintly hear the radio coming from my little sister's room, and quietly started to sing along.
"I hate you, I, I hate you. I, I hate you." I've always liked Simon Curtis, I don't know why though. Continuing to sing, a Yelp escaped my throat as I heard a loud bang. Getting up, I quickly ran down the stairs, my eyes widening when I saw my mother lying on the ground, a gash in her forehead. Shakily turning around, I saw my father, drunk as hell, and looking sick. His eyes were red and puffy, and his skin was as white as a sheet of paper. Then, he fell over and passed out. I sighed. This wasn't the first time it's happened. Walking over to my mother, I lifted her up and dragged her up the stairs. After dressing her wound, I exited the room and walked over to Amy's room. Knocking lightly, I heard her annoyed reply. "What?" She asked pissed off as she opened the door. "Are you alright?" She rolled her eyes, which were covered in bright blue eyeshadow. "Yeah, now leave me alone." She went to slam the door but I held it open. "Do you want me to help you with your makeup?" I asked her, my eyes practically burning from the bright colors on her face. My question seemed to tick her off, and she slammed the door. I sighed and walked back to my room. Shutting the door, I bite my lip and pulled out my phone, getting a notification. I opened up Facebook and my eyes welled up with tears as I read the hateful comments.
'Whore'
'Freak'
'What the hell is wrong with her?'
'I'm surprised her parents haven't dumped her ass on the streets'
'She's so pale, I'm sure she blends in with snow'
'She's such a hard ass, she never smiles'
'That's probably because her smile is ugly'
'That's probably the reason.'
'Her mother is less of a freak then her, and she's been to a mental institution!'

Having enough, I shut off my phone and brought my knees up to my chest, silent sobs escaping my lips.

Tomorrow is another day....