C H A P T E R - T E N

Suzy's POV

I stand outside next to Baekhyun's car as I waited for him. I texted him what happened just now and he said he was on his way to meet me.

And luckily the bell just rang for students to change their classes.

I bashfully waited when I looked around and made eye contact with Kai.

The guy looked terrible. His eyes had dark circles around them like he hadn't slept in days. And his hair was disheveled along with his appearance.

Once we exchanged glances. He walked faster to his destination and out of my eyesight.

That was weird..

I thought.
Before feeling a heavy hand grab my shoulder. I screamed before turning around and realizing it was Baekhyun.

"Oh my gosh you gave me a heart attack!" I said holding my chest.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked.

"This detective guy was questioning me about Nana. And from what he was asking, I think he thinks I had something to do with it"
I say uneasily.

"Well aside from that, is the rumors true?" He asked and I crossed my arms.

"What rumors?"

"That you smacked Sooyoung in the face"

"Oh...well then yeah" I say nonchalantly. And he laughed.

"Wah! My friends a badass!" He cheers and I wave him off.

"Haha. Anyway back to the matter at hand. You obviously didn't have anything to do with her murder so that was a waste of time" he said and I threw my hands in the air.

"My point exactly"

I said. Baekhyun put his thinking face on as I've spent enough time with him to recognize it. When his eyes suddenly lit up.

"What's that look for beagle?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the nickname before continuing.

"What if we did our own little investigation. What would you say then?"

"I would say your crazy" I said trying to slide past him. But he quickly blocked my path.

"Oh come on Suzy. It would be a lot better than depending on those punks"

He said pointing past me. I turned around and saw three policemen arm wrestling over the last donut in the box.

I shook my head.

"So are you with me?"

"Baekhyun I don't know about this" I say. He walks closer to me and places his hands on my shoulders.

"Look Suz, if you want justice for you friend Nana. This is the only way. If we wait on those nincompoops to do something she would turn into a cold case. And I know you don't want that" he said.

Damnit he's right.

If Baekhyun and I can get justice served faster than the police. Why wouldn't I do it?

"Your right, I don't. It looks like I really don't have a choice then huh?"

"Oh you have a choice. I'm just hoping you'll make the right one" Baekhyun added.
I turned around and looked back at the cops again to see them arm wrestling over a whole new box of donuts.