Soul Mates ~ Merthur

Me and the other knights were practicing like usual when some pratt decided to interrupt us. Don’t get me wrong, I am a very patient person…. Well, when I want to be. But I was enjoying myself, and he just had to interrupt!

“I think you have had your fun, my friend,” He scoffed. I raised my eyebrows. Part of me was annoyed at him but the other, very minuscule part, was actually respectful. I mean, who would try and confront Arthur Pendragon? Not many people, I will tell you that.

“Do I know you?” I asked, smirking.

“I am Merlin,” He said, outstretching his hand.

“So I don’t know you? Yet you call me your friend.” I challenged, beginning to enjoy myself.

“I am sorry, my mistake” He said.

“Yes, I think so.”

“Yeah… I never could have a friend who could be such an ass.” He smirked at me.

“Tell me Merlin, do you know how to walk on your knees?” I said, getting angry. No one calls the Prince of Camalot an ass.

“Nope,” He replied, popping the ‘p’.

“Would you like me to help you?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“I wouldn’t if I were you.” I laughed at this.

“What are you gonna do to me?” I say.

“You have no idea,” He breaths, raising his own eyebrows back at me.

“Be my guest! Come on, come on!” I prompt, trying to hold back laughter. “Come on,” I say quieter, right in his face, staring into his eyes, challenging him. I really couldn’t help noticing the ocean blue his eyes were. Like mine, only a bit darker, like the ocean during a storm. I mentally tell myself to shut up because the next thing I know he is swinging a punch at me. I react fast, catching his arm in my hand dragging him down.

“I could put you in jail for that, pretty boy,” I say, not knowing why I added on the last part, but I decided to go with it.

“Pretty boy? Look who’s talking. Who are you, the Queen?” He shoots back, a goofy grin spread his lips.

“No, I’m the Prince,” I say flatly, thinking this would surprise him, but he didn’t let it show. My respect grew more for him as he stared me down, holding my gaze of steel. I could hear the guards coming to take him away, their armor rattling like a rattle snakes tail. Just as they took hold of him, he winked at me. Short, simple, probably meant nothing, though it still sent a shiver down my spine. Not a bad feeling, a good, tingly feeling. I knew I had to find out more about this Merlin, though I told myself it was because he confronted me, and partly it was, but the bigger part was because of something else.

~#~#~#~#~

A/N

So I know there are a lot of Merthur stories out there but I can’t seem to find many on wattpad. The only ones I can find are one shots, and they aren’t really my cup of tea, so I thought I would do my own. Also, no one seems to be starting from the start, they all start while Arthur is with Gwen. I like Gwen, but I think Merthur is a better pairing, no offense to any one who ships Arthur and Gwen together.

And yes, obviously, this is gonna be boyxboy, so if you don’t like that then go away.

Also, the chapters aren’t gonna be that long. If they are shorter then I can do more, plus I am writing a bunch of other stories so sorry if the updates aren’t as frequent as they could be.

Byeeee,

Alexia J