✕TWO✕

[Phil]
I looked over to the boy sleeping peacefully next to me. Dan had pushed up the armrest and cuddled into me about a half hour into the flight. We had talked about random things until he fell asleep, his steady breaths keeping pace with the rise and fall of his chest.

I don't know what it was about Dan that made me feel so, so protective of him. Perhaps it was the few times when i had to rub his back as he threw up various times throughout the flight. Or maybe it was that he needed me to hold his hand when he had begun to get scared. He had an aura of battered innocence surrounding him and i suppose i felt the need to save whatever he had left.

It was a bit weird to feel so fondly of this boy who i hardly knew, yet something about it felt just so perfect.

"The plane will be landing shortly, so please fasten your seat belts and wait patiently." The voice of the pilot rang throughout the plane a background buzz could be noticed within his words.

"Dan. Dan, wake up. The plane is about to land." I gently tapped Dan, doing my best not to upset him from his dreams.

"What's going on?" He mumbled quietly as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. I let out a small chuckle as i tried to ignore how quickly my face was heating up.

"The plane is landing soon. C'mon, danny. You have to wake up." I nudged him a little bit and watched as he sat up straight a pout on his lips as he grumpily fastened his seat belt.

"I wanted cuddles." He stated defiantly, his chin pointed up and his head turned away from me.

"Dan, don't be upset. We have to land right now, safety is important." I held onto the sleeve of his sweater a small smile playing on my lips.

He let out a huff and turned to face me, at first still grumpy but soon he gave a smile and oh my god his smile.

[dan]
"I wanted cuddles" I say, facing away from Phil. There's a small pause as he thinks of what to say; part of me is hoping that he'll offer me some cuddles until we land but i quickly shoot that thought down.

"Dan, don't be upset. We have to land right now, safety is important." Not the right answer. With a pout on my lips i turn around only to be greeted with his smile that instantly caused me to smile as well.

He himself was simply contagious, he grew on me and i was fine with that. In fact i wanted more. I want hugs, handholds, cuddles, kisse- Wait. Kisses? No that's crazy of course that's not what i want.

I barely know the guy how can i just fall for him like that. It is simply illogical and i know this, so why can't my mind forget his god damn smile?

[narrator]
The boys stepped off the plane and walked to the baggage claim together a content quiet amongst them. Where is he going? Will i ever see him again? Do i want to see him again? Does he want to see me again? Questions ran wildly through their minds, oddly similar to one another.

"Where are you going?" Phil asked dan with his gaze still focused on the floor.

"I'm going to Tokyo, that's where my aunt lives. What about you? Where are you going?" Dan had his attention focused on Phil as he spoke. Look at me, he pleaded in his head. Let me see your beautiful eyes and your amazing smile. Please.

Almost as if he could hear dan's thoughts, Phil looked up and flashed a smile. "I'm going to Tokyo first, then Kawasaki, Hiroshima, and Osaka, and come back to Tokyo last."

"Why so many places?" Dan asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Because I wanna see new places, learn new things. I'm just boring old Phil from Manchester, I wanna be more than that though. You know?" He glanced at his hands as he spoke as if he was unsure of himself.

"Yeah, i do. Although, i think that you're not just boring old phil from Manchester. You're pretty damn amazing in my opinion." For the first time in a while dan spoke with confidence and assurance in his voice.

"Well i think you're pretty damn amazing as well. Not to mention cute." Phil paused, "Sorry, forget i said that. I don't wanna make this awkward. My bad."

Dan's cheeks heated up and he couldn't help the smile on his face. "No one has ever called me cute. Thanks."

"You need to hear it more often. You get about 10 times cuter when you blush." Phil's voice was soft as he spoke, blue eyes staring into mocha brown ones. With those words Dan blushed once more.

Oh boy.

---
829 Words

Published 27 july 2017

Written by Parker