{3}

CHAPTER 03-MAYA AND ROB30 minutes before the BLACKOUT

30 minutes before the BLACKOUT

MAYA STAMPED HER feet constantly as they waited in the line

MAYA STAMPED HER feet constantly as they waited in the line. Rob, noticing, rolled his eyes and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Do you ever stop moving?" he said, trying to keep her from wavering around.

She turned her neck and smiled. "I'm just nervous."

"Nervous about what? We are finally leaving this place!"

"I know, I know. I just- I don't know- it freaks me out a little. We have no idea what we are gonna face or do out there, you know?" she explained to him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I think that's the point of it," Rob laughed, stroking her soft blonde strands of hair. "At least we are going to be together."

"Yeah," Maya sighed and pressed her lips on his. She leaned in to his ear and whispered,"I get the window seat."

Rob laughed and shook his his head. "Sometimes you remind me of my five year old sister."

The line finally began to move and Maya stamped her feet off the ground restlessly as they waited.

On their right there was these marvellous glass windows which overlooked the long runways and the large, monster-like planes that were waiting for all of those people at the Airport that day.

The sun was scorching high in the sky, and since it was midday it was at its highest of peaks.  The sunrays raced through the windows and hit right off of Maya's face and hair, making her glow with amber and gold. Rob loved her so much that even though they were together for a year, he was still left in awe when he looked at her sometimes.

He smiled when he saw her eyes illuminated by the sun, which reminded him that he's supposed to get a phone call soon. Incidentally, his phone buzzed in his pocket so he backed away from queue and walked over to the window. He picked up the phone calls and looked back at Maya, just to double check she was far enough not to hear his conversation.