Chapter 2

E S M E R E L D A

That night Esmeralda had conflicted feelings - excited to call Ivan, but guilty because Tiffany was upset with her.

She decided she was going to call Ivan, Esmerelda couldn't wait any longer.
She copied the number from the piece of paper and pressed the call button. After a few seconds, Ivan picked up.

"Hello? Who is this?" Ivan asked, his voice deep and gruff as if he was screaming a few seconds ago, she didn't question it though.

"It's Esmerelda, you gave me your hoodie this morning"

"Oh! Esmerelda!"-there were a few ruffles of blankets and another voice talking to Ivan- "hey there" he said finally.

"Hello, if this is a bad time I can always call back?" She said unsurely.

"No, no! It's okay!" He said.

"Great... I was just wondering when I should give the hoodie back"

"Yeah, we can meet up at Starbucks on Friday, 12pm?, I'll text you the address"

"Awesome, I'll see you soon"

"Yeah, bye Esmerelda!"

"Bye Ivan!"

She hung up, feeling giddy once again. Esmerelda then hand washed the hoodie with an expensive brand of nice smelling soap. When it was dry, she ironed it and folded it neatly. Esmerelda was very disappointed to be giving it back, but if she owned a hoodie like that, she would definitely want it back.

Esmerelda rushed to the calendar to see when it was Friday. " Friday , Friday when is Friday... today is Thursday so tomorrow is Friday!" She mumbled to herself.

"I've got to tell Tiffany!" She squealed, taking out her and phone and calling her.

"Tiff, Tiff, guess what!?!" She said, almost shouting.

"Calm, gurl" Tiff said amusedly, all past difficulties forgotten. "What's up?"

"I'm going to Starbucks tomorrow with Ivan!!!!" She squealed.

"OH MY GOD!??!" She screamed. "Is it a date?? What about Kyle??"

"No, of course it isn't a date!"

"Then... is it okay if I come?" Tiffany said shyly.

"Duh! Of course!"

"Great! Thanks! Send me pics of what you're gonna wear and I'll send you mine!" She said excitedly.

"Amazeballs! See you later hun!" Esmerelda said with equal excitement.

Esmerelda decided on a black top with mesh material on the shoulders paired with white skinny jeans and her adidas shoes. She took a pic and sent it to Tiff, who replied with heart eyes emojis and a pic of her own.

She was wearing a khaki green top, black leggings and the same shade of green converse. Esmerelda also noticed she was wearing a little black pendant necklace.

Esmerelda replied with 'totes adorbs' and tons of heart emojis.

A few more minutes of texting, Esmerelda grew tired and fell asleep, dreaming of Ivan and his adorable, big brown eyes.