Chapter 11 ~ Nicholas' P.O.V

Lately, Skylar has been trying to impress me for some reason. I don’t like it. I asked her why she was doing this and she got nervous. I finally made her break down and tell me what happened. It was surprising! I held her tight as she cried her eyes out on my chest.

“But you don’t love me” I whispered. She stopped crying.

“I’ll learn to! I really admire you! It’s not love but it’s a start” she said with hope in her eyes. I nodded. She gave me a hug.

From then on we had to act like a couple to keep her alive. I felt happy but when I saw she wasn’t happy it brought me down.

Years passed and we decided to move to Los Angeles. When we got there she seemed happier. She laughed with new friends, she bought all these things and even got a job at a daycare because she loved playing with kids, it made her happy. I got a job and it was nice to come home and find her anxiously waiting for me. The first thing that happened when I got home is that Skylar would give me a big hug and a kiss.

One day Skylar left to go shopping with her friends. I went to buy a ring for her. When I got home I was happy to see she wasn’t there yet. I made dinner and put the ring in the middle of the table. I showered and got all handsome for her. I heard the door open so I didn’t move. I was upstairs. I heard her footsteps.

“Nicholas, I’m home!” She kept walking. I slowly walked down the steps and saw her staring at the table set for two. She turned around and smiled as she ran up to give me a hug.

“I do