Chapter 12

After a few days, we finally arrived at the daycare where Milo was.

We burst through the door, to see my brother alone.

He looked up. "A-Ara?"

I nodded. "Milo. You're a mess."

He laughed dryly. "I know." His face went grim. "Every other kid died from multiple attacks. I taught the ones from America to speak Korean. And then, after all that, they were killed."

"Oh, God," I choked out, and rushed to hug my brother. He was an unhealthy warm. I looked at his hands, which were covered with dirt and blood.

He's only 10 years old...

"Who are those two handsome men?" He asked, looking past me.

I smiled slightly. "You know about Bangtan Sonyeondan?"

He nodded. "The Kpop group you obsess about?"

I blushed. "Y-yeah. Anyways, this is Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin, or V and Jimin."

I looked back, back still turned to them, and they waved. Jimin smirked at me. "Obsessed with?"

I shook my head, hiding my embarrassment, and turned back to Milo. "Okay, we're gonna get you out of here and find a nice, safe place. Do you still have the knife I gave you?"

He took it out of his pant pocket, showing me.

"Good. Tae and Jimin are good people." I pointed to them. "They are the kindest, weirdest people I know."

V made a weird face, and Milo chuckled.

"I see," my brother agreed.

"Come on," I said, and helped him up. His knees were weak, and full with bruises. We both winced. Him of physical pain, and me of mental pain.

Jimin helped me with him, and finally, Milo could walk.

"When was the last time you have not been sitting down?" I asked, only half-teasing.

"It's not that," Milo said. "My legs have been hurt so many times, I can barely stand."

"Oh."

"Don't worry, I'm fine, now," he encourage with a weak smile.

"No you're not," Jimin butt in. "Ara, we should rest."

I winced. "I know. We'll walk a bit more, and settle. It's almost dark anyways."

They obeyed, and we continued traveling.

The sky became dark, and we were about to make a fire, when I heard something in the trees.

"What..?" I mumbled. "Did you hear that?"

Taehyung grabbed a knife, while Jimin and I protected my brother.

"I can see you, Milo," a voice sang. "I'm surprised you're still alive."

"Who's there?" V hoarsely asked.

No one answered.

Instead, a dagger flew past us, and hit the ground.

"Ara.." Milo cried.

"It's okay, babe," I replied.

But it wasn't, because a woman came out and punched Taehyung, knocking him down.

Knife in hand, I charged at her, but she slapped me, leaving me baffled.

"We're going to take you, Milo," she threatened with an angelic voice. "And slaughter you."

Before anyone could do anything, she grabbed ahold of Milo, eyes crazed.

"Stop it!" I yelled, and pulled her back.

She looked at me. Her hair was dark and messy. Her eyes were grey, and she seemed beautiful. But she was going to kill us.

"Watch out, girl," she spat, and pushed me down.

This was my chance. She was towering over me, so I kicked her in the gut. Coughed up blood showered me, and I kicked her again with the heel of my torn shoe.

Finally, I stabbed her. She fell on top of me, and I frantically rolled her off, yelping.

Jimin crouched down beside her, and placed two finger on her neck.

"Her heart is still beating," he announced, and looked at me. "Stab her again."

The knife was so close to her, put I pulled back.

"Milo," I said. "You've seen too much. Look away."

His eyes were glassy and hypnotized. But then, he covered his eyes, and I stabbed the woman again.

Jimin was looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked. "Could you set up the tent, Milo?"

"Nothing," Jimin replied. "You've been through so much, though."

I pursed my lips. "You have too.... Taking care of a BTS obsessed ARMY." I laughed weakly.

He smiled a tiny bit. "You're not just a fan, Ara."

I blushed. "Wh-whatever. Thanks."

He nodded, and began to gather firewood.

Taehyung sat up. "What the..."

"Could you help me with her?" I asked him.

He rubbed his eyes, and nodded.

We took the dead woman out further into the forest, dropped her, and covered her with leaves.

I stood up and brushed the dirt off my hands. "There."

"Ara..." Tae suddenly said.

I looked at him. "Hmm?"

He leaned in closer, and caressed my cheek with a finger. Then, our bodies were close and warm. His other arm wrapped around my waist.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I stammered, frozen.

"Ara, I... I love you."

He kissed me.

~.~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) #tara