Chapter Seventeen:

As soon as it happened, I regretted it. I mean of course I still had feelings for him, but it felt wrong. Just knowing that he had feelings for Amy still made it not romantic at all. I couldn't help myself so I pushed away from him. "Why did you do that?" Marcel asked me. I didn't say anything. I just left the closet. Thankfully no one was around to see me leaving the storage closet. I went back to the table. "Everything alright?" Liam asked me. "Uh yeah I'm fine." I lied. "You don't look fine." He said. "I am!" I snapped. I felt bad for raising my voice at Liam, "I'm sorry for yelling. I just have a lot on my mind." He nodded, "Do you want to talk about it?" I might as well. It wasn't good to hold things in. "I got offered a promotion." I told him. He smiled, "That's great!" "It's at the U.S. offices." I mumbled. His eyes went wide, "Wow. That's a huge step. Are you going?" I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. I mean, I have been wanting to do more. I just don't know if I can make that big of change. Moving to a country where I don't really know anyone is scary." Our waiter appeared with our food and we dug in. The food looked delicious. "Think about it this way, if you didn't take the job, would you regret it in five years?" He asked. It made me pause. I knew that if I didn't take the job that I would really regret it. This is what I wanted. Why was I going to throw that away for a guy who didn't know what he wanted? After dinner, Liam dropped me off at my flat. I had a good time talking to him. He actually cared about the things I said. I changed my clothes and braided my hair. I grabbed my cell phone and took a deep breath. I was going to call Marcel. He had to choose. Me or her. I wasn't going to let him weasel out of this. "Hello?" He answered. "It's me. We need to talk."