Chapter 1

"Straighten your back." Parthenia tucked her shoulders behind her and stood up straighter.

"Stop favoring your right leg." Parthenia shifted so her weight was equally distributed between her two legs.

"Stop clenching your jaw." Parthenia softened her face.

"Relax." With that, Parthenia longed to throw her posture completely off balance but instead exhaled as Ma'dam Rieu walked around her examining her one last time.

Ma'dam Rieu was without a doubt the only thing Parthenia had closest to a mother. But even with that, there were certain things even she couldn't do. They both had a strict queen-to-executive advisor relationship.

Ma'dam Rieu had stopped in front of Parthenia and sighed. She took a step back and straightened her back as if she had just remembered who she was standing in front of. She then lowered her head and kneeled, "Your Majesty,  I do believe that you are ready." Just like that, it was over, Ma'dam Rieu didn't sound like a mother anymore she sounded just like her advisor would have sounded like. 

Parthenia let her shoulders drop before straightening them again and looked in the mirror of her office. She wasn't greeted with the warm image of a 20 year old woman ready to go out with her friends. 

She saw that young woman dressed like the queen she was, wearing a red gown with her black cape hugging her shoulders and the royal symbol embroidered on her back. Ma'dam Rieu had ordered Parthenia have her long black hair twisted up in an elegant bun. Honestly, Parthenia wouldn't have preferred it any other way.

Although Parthenia longed to have friends to go out with, that wasn't at all the reason for being all spruced up. Unlike most young woman, Parthenia had a kingdom to rule and that meant that she had to attend meetings with other leaders around the world, discussing something called peace. 

Ma'dam Rieu walked over to the shelf next to Parthenia's desk and grabbed a coragram. She walked over to Parthenia holding out the coragram and turned it on. The device turned on and with an almost silent hum, a single laser beamed straight up from the center and soon four more lasers proportionally placed from each other beamed at an angle forming a large sphere hovering a foot above the device.

The coragram displayed the endless list of other major political powers around the world that were attending the meeting. The same people came, the same people left, the same people remained calm, the same people threw their papers in the air in frustration, and the same people made up the Administration of Seren. Every meeting was just as boring as the last; but Parthenia dealt with it all. After all, she loved being the queen but there was a downside to everything.

Today's topic is concluding the Accord of Eroica. That meant signatures. Parthenia never understood why when the signing began so did the suspicion. It wasn't when the leaders suggested ideas, or when the administration hammered out the treaties, it was always the signatures. 

"His Majesty, Emperor Vaugden has informed us that he will in fact be able to join us today."  Ma'dam Rieu commented.

"Am I supposed to be happy or surprised for that matter?" answered Parthenia while her fingers swiped at the holograph, switching from each individual to the next becoming more familiar with the attendance of the Administration of Seren.

Emperor Vaugden of the Moshchin Monarchy and his family were probably the most spoiled of all. He believed that his presence held an extreme significance to the Administration of Seren, and it does. The Emperor, Walden Vaugden owns a fourth of all the nuclear weapons and an eighth of every biological warfare method circulating in every system on the planet. So if anyone wanted to start a war and win it, it would be no other than this Emperor.