A Beautiful Mistake || Larry Stylinson

[Prologue]

Harry sat on the leather armchair by the gaping window, gazing thoughtfully at the patio. The fine-looking outdoor dining table was placed elegantly next to the miniature, wall fountain that was painted in eggshell and made out of marble. His calm, emeralds then wander off to the garden. There, he adores one of the many eye-catching flowers of intriguing colors that he and his mum have planted some time ago. He even remembers how he picked up a rose and gave it to her, who she later disciplined him since it was—in fact—the one and only left. He silently chuckles to himself, realizing how mischievous he was at such a young age. He then continues admiring the plants, humming a soft tune to himself. He was only in his nighties, clutching the soft, brown teddy bear into his chest as he sighs. As a matter of fact, he only held on to his teddy bear when he's feeling scared. Nonetheless, he was in a lonesome mood. His height, his posture, his smooth features were neat even at ease.

The activity earlier with his brother was over, but he hardly dismisses the filthy thought of it. He sets down the stuffed toy beside him before leaning his forearms against the window frame. After that, he looks up and saw that the night sky was pit black, showered with countless of twinkling stars. He even spotted himself a Big Dipper. As you can see, he was trying to distract himself from reality. He really wanted to forget all of the knotty events that were thrown to him, but somehow; he couldn't. Plus, his insomnia had cost him yet another night's sleep.

What a damn cold night... He thought as he felt the wind brushing against his bare skin. The interior lights were still on and the warmth almost drew him back to his bedroom, when out of the blue he heard footsteps coming in until it slowed to a stop.

"Harry," a person called. "You wouldn't want to let me sleep alone, would you?"

Harry's old heart thumped in his chest as the memories he was trying to avoid blazed brightly in his mind. Louis was actually there with him. He didn't want him to be there. He didn't want to do it again. He had enough of his selfish desires. As Louis was talking, Harry squeezed his eyes shut and thinks of something else, so he wouldn’t have to listen to the bothering lad anymore.

"Love, are you even listening to me?" Louis questions again, but still Harry didn't respond. He was just sitting there like a ghost, back facing completely still at the lad who is now fretfully worried. "Are you okay? What's wrong—?”

"Don't touch me." Harry slurs as he abruptly shifts his shoulder away from Louis' touch. Louis stared with wide eyes at the sensitive boy. He had no idea what's wrong with him. Honestly, he felt a bit upset the moment Harry disregarded him while he was just trying to check him out if he was alright. It absolutely broke his heart.

"W-Why? Love, I don't..." Was all Louis can manage to say. He was too preoccupied at the moment.

"You were the one who put me into this mess, Lou." Harry spoke up again; his voice all the more so deep. Unfortunately, that phrase only adds more confusion to Louis’ head instead of relief.

After digesting those words, Louis couldn't believe what he just heard.

"But—C-Come on, love! I thought you've always wanted to try it?" Louis said playfully, trying to cheer his younger brother up; but with a hint of edginess in his voice which only made the situation awkward.

"It was a mistake—" Harry's words swiftly came to a halt. He felt as if he was about to burst into tears but he knows he couldn't; not when Louis is still around. He doesn't want his adoptive brother to get near and give comfort. He was sick of him; of every single thing he did. With that being said, he simply sat there in silence as tear drops were already running down his face because of his strong, painful emotions. He was then in an act of shedding tears. He certainly did his best not to show it, but he wasn't that lucky.

Louis simply stood there in complete shock, staring breathlessly at his poor, sobbing little brother as he turned to look at him and whispers;

"—a beautiful mistake..."

----------------------------------------

[a/n]:

i hope you like the prologue! 

tell me what ya think my wandicorns! xx

and a vote would be very awesome-tastic!

dedicated to @AloneInWonderland for the amazing cover <3

- fb xx