Chapter 2

It had been a while since we'd left the cabin. Alec hadn't spoken to me since the phone call with what I guessed was someone from the agency. "I'm hungry." I whispered, almost tripping over a tree root. He ignored me. This was getting really annoying. "I'm hungry!" I said louder, but still nothing. He started walking faster but I ran up to him and shoved him from behind. "I'M FUCKING STARVING YOU ASSHOLE!" He turned around, fear in his eyes as he stared at me.                                                                    Was he...scared of me? No. He was scared of what would come next. We started to hear voices from behind us. They were a bit in the distance but, I thought they'd given up already. "Climb." He whispered, turning around and climbing up a tree. I did NOT want to be stuck up the same tree as him, so I climbed up one next to it. We stayed there for a while until we saw people running past. One person, obviously out of breath, stayed behind. They looked a little older than me and Alec.                                        "You better catch up North!" Was that his name? I looked over at Alec who was staring at the boy like prey. I opened my mouth to say something but it was as if he could sense it. He turned to me and held his finger up to his mouth. What was he planning on doing? He jumped down the tree quietly and started sneaking up behind the boy. Then he pulled out his gun. Was he going to shoot him!? I jumped down in front of the boy. "Hi." I smiled, waving.                                                                                                  Alec looked shocked as North pulled out his gun and pointed it at me. "GU-!" Alec hit him in the back of the head with the base of his gun. "What the fuck Amber!?" I looked down at the boy and grabbed his gun, handing it to Alec. "No, what the fuck YOU!" He frowned, dragging the boy over to a tree and patting him down. "I wasn't going to shoot him." Oh.                                                                  "I know." I lied as he rolled his eyes. "So what are we going to do with him?" No reply. That was fine, I guess, I wasn't in the mood for talking anymore. Alec went through his things for a bit and took all his weapons...and a flare gun. I grabbed his dog tag, reading it. Tyler North. "We could use him." Alec nodded. "I guess." I ripped off his dog tag- hard, not knowing why, and put it in my pocket.                                                                                                 Alec glared at me as Tyler jerked awake. "GUYS!" He shouted, scrambling to stand up. "They've moved on," Alec yawned. "So, I guess that makes you our prisoner now." I stood there staring at the ground as Tyler's expression went from alert to amused. "P-prisoner?" He grinned. "So...what do y'all need me for?" I jerked my head up. "Answers!" Tyler stared at me, and I was creeped out.                                                                                        "What!?" I snapped, as he realised what he was doing and looked back and forth between me and Alec. "You really don't look like a robot." I swung, hard, and hooked him in the jaw. "AND YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO WOULD KILL SOMEBODY'S FAMILY AND FRIENDS!" Alec rolled his eyes at me and started to try and tell me again that they WEREN'T my family and friends, but decided not to...for the better. Tyler reared back up from my punch and glared at me. "They're gonna come back for me!" He snapped. "I'm....special!"                                          "Special?" Alec laughed. "How are you special?" Tyler grinned. "Glad you asked," He said sarcastically. "I'm a NORTH! I'm a son of one of the head generals." Alec stared at the boy angrily. "What's that supposed to mean?" I scoffed. Tyler rolled his eyes at me. "It means they'll be coming back for me...and when they find me they'll kill you two." I looked up at Alec, hoping he'd deny it. "How will they know where you are?" Alec asked instead. Tyler just reached up to his neck and grabbed for something, but he obviously couldn't find it.            "Looking for this?" I grinned, holding up his dog tag. I...didn't say that. I looked at Alec scared, but he was just grinning. I handed it to him and he threw it...far. I didn't want to give it to him though. "Let's go." Alec said, holding up a gun to Tyler's head and handing me a thin piece of rope to tie around Tyler's hands. Tyler looked at Alec and shrugged "So what, they're coming soon. I won't be here for long."                                                                                Alec turned around and glared,pulling out his gun. "You're coming with us. Get up." Tyler got up and smirked. I wanted to get involved, but I couldn't. We walked deeper into the woods. Until I heard soft footsteps from behind us and froze. "Alec..." I whispered. "What is it?" he said, "People are coming!" I continued. Alec motioned his hand to the left and we followed. Tyler began to make noises by stepping on leaves. Alec elbowed him in the side to make him stop.                                I stood behind Alec trying not to make any noises, but the footsteps just got louder as they got closer. As they passed I took a glimpse at who it was, the guy from earlier. He looked older and more buff than Tyler. "Dad?" Tyler said. I covered his mouth making sure he wouldn't try and talk again. He muffled trying to say something but before he knew it I punched him in the stomach. He groaned and whispered " Nice punch" I smirked and shushed him.                                                                                      As Tyler's dad began to walk away Alec said "We are going to one of the agency bases, and it'll take two days to get there." We turned around and went the opposite way the we hid. At the end of the woods were a houses. We walked a few miles down the road and entered someone's house. It had become 1:29 in the morning. Alec showed us to the living room while he was talking to someone who I assumed was an agent.

   They walked into the living room sleepily and stared us down. The agent looked unamused, but I could tell he was scared that Tyler and I were both in his house. "You three can sleep in the guest room. There's two beds in there so one of you will have to sleep on the floor..." He turned to Tyler. "I have an alarm set up so if anyone leaves during the night it'll go off." Alec nodded. "There's some food in the kitchen if either of you are hungry." Me and Tyler looked at each other and both shook our heads no...too much had happened today.                                              The agent nodded. "Then you two go ahead to the room." Alec led us to the room and locked the door behind him. "Tyler gets the floor." He said, climbing into a bed. Tyler gave me puppy eyes as I threw a blanket and a pillow at him. "No thanks." I smiled, tucking myself into my bed.