7th

"They're arriving soon," One of my seniors spoke, probably talking about the athletes. I began to become anxious...

"Aren!"

"H-Huh?" I looked around to find the voice and found Kayla.

"Jessie is asking you to go with the team and fetch the athletes from the airport."

I rubbed my temple and nodded. "Uh, yeah, sure.. oh, what now!?"

Kayla pulled me up from my chair and dragged me to where the team is, making it hard for me to process what's going on. Wait, I didn't intend to--

"Alright, is everyone here?" Hannah did a head count and sighed in relief. "Shall we go? Today will be a busy day." She started to walk and the people followed her while I look back to Kayla, giving her a confused look.

"Ah, hey, Ella." Jessie nudged me in the arm.

"Aren. Uh, what is this? It's so sudden-"

"I know, I'm sorry. We just needed one more person since Louise backed out! Said she was supposed to submit something to the main office." He explained, which made me sigh.

"Okay, but.. stick with me for a while. Don't let the athletes see me. Or something." I grabbed onto his arm as we enter the bus.

"Woah, why not? We've got a job to do. I think we're assigned to fetch different athletes, and then meet here at the bus."

"Is that so?" I closed my eyes in frustration. Okay. I just gotta pick the right athlete or maybe exchange with someone just in case I pick him. Okay. "I thought they're all from the same plane."

"Some of them, yeah. Besides, you're not sure who arrives first and things like that, all we know is that they should land around this time until noon." Jessie checked his phone. I sighed.

"Okay. Wish me luck." I exhaled and looked outside the window as the bus began to move.

"Wish you luck?" Jessie laughed, "You have a crush on some athlete there, don't you?"

I jolted and looked at Jessie, flustered. "Ha? No! Of course not, it's just, I uhh, get easily starstruck! You know, I just used to see them on TV and all.."

Jessie continued to laugh. "Hm, you're right. I think I'd be starstruck too to be honest. But we gotta stay professional." He grinned at me. I felt relieved that he bought that reasoning.

"Anyway, mind if I sleep on your shoulders for a bit? I have motion sickness."

"Wha'? Sure, but don't you have a car though?"

"Yeaaaah but I don't get dizzy when it's me who's driving."

"Oh, I see."

-------

I felt a tap on my shoulder as I open my eyes, noticing that we've arrived at the airport. I lifted my head while Jessie stretched his arm and shoulder.

"Your head is so heavy." He snorted and stood up, making me frown. Everyone started to go down while Hannah gives out something to people as they pass by.

As I proceed, Hannah hands me a card with the athlete's name in it. She gives me the direction as to where they'll be arriving, but I was too absorbed by the name on my hand.

Eva Simonovitch, RU, Biathlon

I audibly sighed in relief and thanked Hannah by shaking her hand. I can now do my job in peace. Now, I just have to hide my face from him throughout the day.

Is that even possible?

I went to where I'll be fetching Ms. Simonovitch with a smile on my face. As I walk around the airport, I bumped into people a couple of times. It's so crowded today, how am I supposed to see her?

Upon seeing photographers around the area I'm supposed to go, I think Eva will be there soon. I hurried and strided my way, ocassionally apologizing to people for bumping into them.

Suddenly, someone crashed towards me, my ID dettaching from my uniform and the name card flying away from me. I sat down, massaging my shoulder. Oww..

"I'm sorry! Ahhhh, miss? Are you okay? I'm sorry!"

I looked up and saw a boy, kind of panicking because of me. He was muttering to himself and began to pick up my things.

He picked up my ID but held onto it. "Wait a minute.. I've seen you before!"

"Fujio! Doko ni itetta ka!?"

Hearing the voice, I stood up and picked up the name card on the floor, snatched my ID from the boy and ran as fast as I can towards the paparazzi.

No. Not now.