Introduction.

Hi guyss!! This is the author! Happy reading!!

"Sirius?" A familiar yet not so familiar voice asked. The voice was starting to get familiar but it wasn't James' voice, the one I would give anything to just hear, one last time. One single word, 'goodbye' only so his departure didn't feel so incomplete. Only so my heart didn't feel so hallow. I hadn't lost a best friend that night, I had lost a brother.

"Er, Sirius? Is this a bad time?" I looked over, back to the present. Harry was looking shy and was regretting calling out to me in the first place. The similarities ended. James was slightly more confident.

Snap out of it Sirius!

He's not James! Like Molly said the other night. He's Harry. I needed to know him and be there for him like he was Harry, not James.

"No, no, it's never a bad time. What is it Harry?" I asked, forcing myself to smile. Actually, it was a lot easier to smile now, I was thankful I wasn't in Azkaban anymore but still. I would never get my old life back. The one at Hogwarts or right after, even. That's when I was happiest.

"Er, well, you borrowed this picture from Mad Eye and I know everyone here except from this one woman," Harry pointed.

"Ah? Who?" I asked, praying it wasn't the rather stunning lady who was unfortunate enough to stand next to me. I shook my head again.

I was going to go insane in this house, dammit!

Harry pointed at her and yes, it was her.

I swallowed.

"That, Harry, is Marlene McKinnon," I told him, torn between the idea to smile or to cry into his arms.

"Hagrid told me that she was brutally murdered," Harry shook his head sadly.

"Yeah, she was. It was horrible," I nodded, thinking of the time I had found out.

"Did you know her?" Harry asked.

Goddammit! How could I answer that?

All I could do was nod.

"You knew her as well," I smiled at him sadly, remembering an old memory. Harry would sometimes only stop crying when Marlene picked him up.

"I did? I don't remember," He looked at me, puzzled.

"When you were a baby, you knew her, she was your god mother," I told him.

"Really? How come no one ever told me?" He was confused.

"Harry, before you knew that I was innocent, did anyone ever tell you about me?" I asked him.

He shook his head and then stopped.

"She betrayed them?!" He asked and I had the sudden urge to hit my godson. He didn't know anything, yes but no one could say anything about her!

"No," I said, a bit more forcefully and harshly then I should have.

"Then?" He asked. Why was this boy so stubborn? Maybe he was more like Lily, actually.

"It's too painful," It was all I could manage.

"Could you tell me something about her?" Harry asked, why did he want to know?

"Harry, I- I don't think I can. You see, we were married," I couldn't meet his eyes. He had a right to know though.

Why did I just tell him?

Goodness Sirius!

"YOU WHAT?" He exclaimed.

"Harry, we had, had a child already.  They were dark times and all I could think was how much I loved her and I just had to marry her, you know. It was now or never. So I did and that horrible  woman killed her," I couldn't continue. It was all too much.

"My goodness! Sirius, I'm so sorry and I didn't mean to intrude, we were in the doorway and we just happened to listen," Hermione stated awkwardly while Ron just stood there.

Ron oddly reminded me a bit of Peter. He was a hundred times better but he had ditched Harry in the most crucial time of his life, well, not the most but still a crucial period.

"It's okay, you two," I nodded.

"Sirius?" Hermione asked, tentatively.

I looked up.

"Could you tell her about us? It sometimes feels better to share things rather than hide them," Hermione told me.

I nodded. Not only because I knew she was right but I was tired of keeping her a secret, she deserved better, way better.