chapter 3.

Thankfully, the rest of the summer after the dinner was uneventful and soon the glorious first day of September came. My favourite day of the year.

I had been up since 4 in the morning, so happy to leave this hell hole.

"Regulus, hurry up! Do not be a prat today! Get ready!" I practically begged Reg.

"Gee, Sirius, do you really hate us that much?" He asked.

I felt uneasy.

"Not you, but this ruddy house, yes! You, I see at Hogwarts and I don't mind" i smiled at him.

"Well, I'm going to start getting ready, Sirius. Wouldn't want to keep you from your friends" Reg smiled.

I sighed. The kid wasn't half as bad as the rest of my family. I hoped he wouldn't turn out like them.

******

We finally entered the train station. I could already feel happier than I had through out summer.

"Remus!"

My smart, bookworm friend turned to look at me. We weren't even aboard the train yet and here he was, in his robes, already. There was one thing different though, something not on my robes. The shiny prefect badge.

I smirked. Of course, Moony would be perfect.

"Nice badge!" I remarked.

He shook his head.

"I guess one of my responsibilities will be to make sure you and James behave" he sighed.

"Well, then, you've already disappointed him." I smiled.

"Sirius! Oi!" James yelled.

My face broke in a grin.

My best friend in the whole world with his messy hair and round glasses was looking at me.

"Good to see you!" I smiled at him.

"I nearly scared poor Regulus to death, thought he was you. His height has grown." James told me.

"So you really thought Regulus is as handsome as me now? Wow, I don't know if your vision got worse or I got uglier." I smirked.

"Come on! Let's get on the train." Remus told us hurriedly.

"Yes, Moony, we know you're a prefect," I sighed.

James smirked.

"Why mate?" He asked.

Remus just rolled his eyes.

"Don't you want to say good bye to your parents?" James asked me, looking at me quizzically.

"Nah, I have to go back for Christmas this year." I sighed.

For Bellatrix's wedding.

I guess that's the best way mother could punish me.

For all of eternity.

James nodded. The two of them had already said good bye to their parents so they entered the train with me..

We quickly found a good compartment. Good, not because it was empty but because well, there was a certain blonde there.

"Marls!" James exclaimed.

She looked up. Her face broke into a smile as she looked at us.

"Hi, you guys! It's so good to see all of you."

She gave James a quick hug and then Remus.

I gulped.

She smiled at me before hugging me.