✿ kang daniel (3)

Criminal
requested by bbyeongaris

"An evil doing, no matter how great the motive would be, will always be evil. You can't justify evil by saying it's for the greater good. It is for this reason that the world is in great chaos. Justice will not be achieved by putting the law in your hands,"

You saw him gave a chuckle as he handed you back your notebook. You awkwardly reached out for it and avoided eye contact with the guy.

"Thank you," you said in a meek voice and was about to leave the convenience store. You heard the guy call for you so you turned around and was surprised to see the way he looked at you.

With meaningful eyes he asked you this, "Do you honestly believe that shit?"

You were taken aback by the sudden question so you just decided to play safe, "I don't know... I haven't taken anything seriously concerning justice," and then you looked at the stranger, "How about you, do you believe in it?"

He made another chuckle but this time, it sounded so vain, "I don't know... I haven't seen justice yet,"

For the second time, you felt awkward and you decided to leave the place already. As you stepped outside, you took a one last glance on the cashier already occupied by a new customer. You looked at the metallic name tag attached on his shirt and engraved in blue bold ink, you read his name...

Kang Daniel.

You glanced at your wrist watch and bit your lips as you saw what time it was already

You glanced at your wrist watch and bit your lips as you saw what time it was already. You hurriedly ran through the corridors and was nervous to see that the first class started already. You blamed yourself for wasting time more than you should at the convenience store. If it wasn't for that strange conversation with the guy, you wouldn't have been rushing like this.

You finally reached your classroom and stood outside for a moment to catch your breath. After few inhales and exhales, you fixed yourself and peeked through the glass window. You lightly slap your forehead upon seeing that your Ethics teacher, Mr. Ong, was already discussing in class. You also noticed that there were notebooks piled besides him, giving you a hunch that your classmates passed their assignments already.

Without further delay, you carefully entered through the back door and steathily made your way to your seat. However, it was situated in the frontmost part of the room and it gave you a lot of disappointment. Seeing that it would be futile to stay unnoticed, you finally announced your presence by saying this,

"Good morning sir. I'm sorry if I was late," and you ended it with a bow.

As you lift your head, you saw Mr. Ong smile at you and told you this, "Don't worry, you weren't that late," and then he stopped writing on the blackboard, "Anyway, do you have your assignment?" he asked you.