Day 15

At lunch, I have nobody. I have no one to proudly call a friend, or even anyone to say hello to in a perky manner. I don't care to see anyone. It's my time that was given to me, so I use it how I'd like. I wander and wander and circle around the same room for minutes at a time, but somehow I always end up in the bathroom. With my lunch.

Maybe I do eat the homemade turkey sandwich that's stuffed with cheese and dressing. Maybe I do eat the bag of chips that's really meant for 2 people. Some days, I tell myself no, and it ends up in one of the trash cans. Some days, it happens, and I just starve.

Other days, I shove that sandwich down my throat and I make sure I eat every last speck of a chip that I see in the bag. I chew and I swallow and I make sure it goes into my stomach, because truly, I am hungry. I'm hungry from all of the days I threw my lunch away and fed my dinner to the dog from under the table. So I eat and I get full and my stomach stops with all of the grumbling noises for a little while. I sit on the toilet, thinking about how content I am, happy that I had a meal for once. But then I feel the regret. The remorse and the utter disgust washes over me with a power greater than that of a tsunami. I sit, I cry, and I decide that this food can't stay inside of me and make me fat any longer. I shove my fingers down my throat and I don't stop until all of the food is gone.

I do it later, when I get home. I do it when I take a shower, and after my parents have gone to bed, and any time that I can find to myself. So I step on the scale at the end of every night with a smile on my face, the numbers dropping slowly and with ease.