Two

I wait about an hour for any kind of noise, nothing, except the creaking of the old castle walls. I've always thought there was an opening between the walls for fast travel, but I've never examined; at least not till now.  One of the servants told me something about hidden passage ways throughout the castle, I've never found any myself.

I must find one of these passages. i am not going out that door, the shadow is out there, waiting. I can't keep doing this, I mustn't forget what he did, I'm going insane! I drink one of the bottles, I calm down, okay push  yourself to find it.

I remember there was a door behind a book shelf in one of my old study's I used to get from each one faster. this is one of them, i know because I remember the painting of professor Taylor hanging on the wall. I look for a bookshelf, I find it sitting in a dark Corner, it's filled with my old alchemy books I used when I was a scholar back in my college days.

I push the shelf with all my might, straining myself as I do so, as I push it I find a bright light breaching between the cracks, I'm close, I finally nudge it to where I can fit through it, I fall through the hole with a smack on the cold hard cobblestone of the inner study's, looking around, amazed at the knowledge this place holds, I gaze, forgetting about my worry's, falling deep into memories of this place.

Going deep into my memories I remember my notes of my finding's of the orb, something I need to move forward in my progress in stopping him.