Chapter 1: Stranger lurking

"Daddy, do I have to go to school today?"

"Sweetie, daddy loves you very much but you just have to."

"But why!"

"Because your education is important Annabeth."

The little girl stood there wide eyed with a sour face. Annabeth was determined to stay home that day and her father probably should've let her.

"Fine daddy, I will go to school."

Annabeth marched away from the car that she would possibly never see again and ran into her classroom before the sound of the bell rang through her frail ears.

"Hey Zoe guess what!"

Zoe was Annabeth's best friend; a friend that would be there if she needed help, a friend that was at every single slumber party, a friend that would wash away from Annabeth's memory.

"What is it Annabeth?"

"Nicholas Tern likes you!"

"What, stop lying to me!"

"No lie Zoe!"

Suddenly Zoe sprang out of her chair like a jack in the box and screamed "Yippee!" But that's when the teacher strolled into the classroom and at that moment anybody standing or talking snapped back into their seats before Mrs. Faulkner yelled at them.

"Well, well,well. Seems as if you all have woodpeckers in your throats because this is not a quiet class"

Nobody said a word and nothing moved besides the curtains, but besides that Mrs. Faulkner was as red a freshly picked cherry.

"So does anybody want an office referral?"

"Mrs. Faulkner, um, what the heck is a referbal?"

Mrs. Faulkner put her palm to her face and said, "I knew I shouldn't have used that word infront a bunch of 5-year olds."

After that the day went on as normal, first the reciting of the pledge of allegiance, then the ABC song, then afterwords centers, then play areas. The kindergartners didn't stay long enough for lunch so their day was much easier then the older kids.

"Hey see you tomorrow Annabeth" Zoe screamed as her mother grabbed her hand to take her home.

"See you tomorrow!" Annabeth yelled back

As all of the other kids passed by Annabeth started to get worried, her father said he would pick her up right away. Then the doors closed and the little girl started to cry.

"Daddy, where are you!" She cried at the top of her lungs

Annabeth was scared and made an attempt to walk home! As she was walking she heard the cars whoosh by and she heard the animals coming out to the night.

"Hey, little girl are you all alone?" Said a strange voice

"Ye-yes, who are you?" Annabeth asked while stumbling

"Ima, friend of your dad."

"How come I have never met you?" Annabeth asked

"well, a , because I live in Florida"

"Oh that sounds so cool!"

"Yeah it really is."

"Anyways, are you here to pick me up?"

Annabeth was so confused, she had heard about and met every single one of her dads friends, why didn't she know this women?

"Yeah kid I'm here to pick you up, but first your daddy asked me to give you this drink, you know in case you were thirsty."