Chapter 16

"Wheres Harry?" Niall asked when Liam walked into the room

"Hes taking a nap." Liam answered "Are you okay?" He questioned

"Of course why wouldn't I be" Niall looked genuinely confused

Liam shrugged "You seemed really upset by what Louis said"

The hybrid shook his head, moving to sit cross legged on the bed and patting next to him, hinting for Liam to sit. "It just brings back memories of people who took 'care' of us"

"M'sorry" Liam apologised

Niall furrowed his brows "You didn't do anything."

"I just- I picked Harry because I know Louis hates cats, I just wanted to play a joke on him. I know I shouldn't have, I even had another hybrid lined up for when Louis got sick of Harry and got rid of him, but then he started to like Harry, so I cancelled on the other hybrid. And now he hates Harry again. I should have just got the other one that was a dog to begin with. And maybe one that can properly talk because I know Louis hates how Harry talks, he hates when anyone talks like that." Liam explained. Then shook his head. "Lets talk about something less depressing."

Liam and Niall laid on the bed cuddling and continued to talk. Little did they know Harry was right outside the door listening to their conversation. It was about him so he was allowed to listen. He just wishes he hadn't now.

Harry was just a joke to everyone, it was a prank that Liam played on Louis. Louis hates Harry, not only for being a cat, but for just being him and talking. Harry loves Louis, but the feelings aren't mutual.

Harry walked back into the living room and continued to cry on the couch, that is until Liam came out, Harry quickly wiped his eyes and stopped crying. His eyes were red and his face was blotchy, but it could easily be mistaken for him just waking up.

"Li-Li teash Harry to—to talk?" Harry questioned

"You want me to teach you to talk?" Liam asked for confirmation, getting that when Harry nodded his head. "Why?"

Harry shrugged "Harry want to talk like Li-Li"

"Oh okay. I um, I don't really know how to do that, so I will just correct you as you speak, is that okay" Liam asked. He really didn't know how to teach anyone to talk. He was the youngest of his siblings, and his hybrid already knew how to talk.

"Yes." Harry said with a firm nod

"O-Kay then" Liam drug out the word and rocked on his heals a few times before Harry spoke up

"Harry like Li-Li"

"You should say. 'I like you'" Liam tried

"I-I like y-you" Harry tested it out

"Good job!" Liam congratulated the curly haired hybrid

"I like you" Harry exclaimed again

A confused looking Niall came out of the bathroom in a towel. "What is–" he began, Harry cutting him off

"I like you" Harry said as he turned to Niall, a huge smile was spread across his face making Niall break into a smile as well.

"Harry wants me to teach him to speak correctly " Liam explained

"You seem like you're doing good so far" Niall complimented his friend

"Thank Niall" Harry said

"Thank you Niall" Liam corrected, Harry repeating after him

"Thank you Niall"

"Good job Haz, you'll be speaking like us in no time" Niall said ruffling Harrys hair

Harry preened at that, maybe if he learned to speak normal then Louis would like him again, just like he did for that short time.

And even though Harry is hot and wants to be by Louis' side he shouldn't do that. Apparently Louis didn't like that, Harry didn't know that, it was just an instinct for him, he doesn't mean to be clingy it just happens, but he will try his best to keep those instincts hidden.

"Louis coming?" Harry asked, his face lighting up

"No Haz he's not, not until he calls and wants you back" Liam decided not to correct him on that, Liam decided not to correct him on anything Louis related because it was such a sensitive topic for Harry, he didn't want him to feel even worse.

"Oh" Harry frowned

"Im sorry Harry, he'll call soon yeah? He likes you I promise" Liam gave Harry a small, sad smile

"Okay" Harry murmured, he knew that wasn't true, he heard Liam say that Louis hates him. Liam is just trying to make him feel better. Which Harry is very grateful for, but he doesn't like when people lie to him, it makes it feel like they're hiding something from him.

Harrys about to head to the living room and colour in one of the colouring books Niall had given him to use, when Liam's phone rang.

"Its Louis"

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

HIIII HOW ARE YOU ALL?

I hope you're having an amazing day/night.

LOVE YOU <3